or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Vass shoes direct from Budapest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vass shoes direct from Budapest - Page 4

post #46 of 283
yes, even some crappy pictures will be nice
post #47 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
...
I can also add matching belts for your shoes at $75.
...
Would you mind providing a quote for belt only? Calf or cordovan and shipment to Europe?
Thanks in advance
post #48 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
perhaps take some photos of what is on hand. a picture is worth a thousand... you know
I don't have a working camera, sorry guys. There's a bunch of wingtips on the Budapest last, some more formal shoes on the P and P2 lasts. Small collection of U and F, and a couple of wholecuts on P2. There's a tight austerity brogue in black on the U last, size 43. Also a chocolate Chukka on the U, 43.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of these belts, if you don't mind Thanks!

post #49 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
I don't have a working camera, sorry guys. There's a bunch of wingtips on the Budapest last, some more formal shoes on the P and P2 lasts. Small collection of U and F, and a couple of wholecuts on P2. There's a tight austerity brogue in black on the U last, size 43. Also a chocolate Chukka on the U, 43.




Thanks. What colour do the croc' belts come in? I know they're a bit gaudy, but I can't help myself. Are they only $75, too?
post #50 of 283
I am glad Tom is doing this, more orders to keep Vass through tough times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of these belts, if you don't mind Thanks!

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5400
post #51 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
Thanks. What colour do the croc' belts come in? I know they're a bit gaudy, but I can't help myself. Are they only $75, too?

Hah, no. I didn't ask about croc prices for the belts, but going off of shoes prices, I would guess $300-$400. Black, brown, maybe tan and bordeaux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
I am glad Tom is doing this, more orders to keep Vass through tough times.



http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5400

Thanks for the extra pics. Even if I fill an order for everyone who's written so far, I don't think I'll be able to help Vass out as much as you have
post #52 of 283
tom should be given a fking medal for putting up with a bunch of demanding shmucks like us!
post #53 of 283
Sorry for anothe nitpicky question: "Is seamless heel counter a standard feature of all U last VASS

or it should be specified and pre ordered?"

Those in a know ,please chime in.
post #54 of 283
I was trading pm's with Tom....you know, just in case, even though I'd probably need to take a loan out.

So for those familiair with sizing translation, let's say for arguments sake I took a 7UK in the CJ337. This might hypothetically equal a 41 on the U and a 40.5 on the F, correct?
post #55 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Sorry for anothe nitpicky question: "Is seamless heel counter a standard feature of all U last VASS

or it should be specified and pre ordered?"

Those in a know ,please chime in.

Vass will do everything they can to make it seamless, I think it's a default, it all depends on shoe size and leather thickness. Majority of mine have seamless heel counter, a few of them especially shell cordovan have a small slit at the the bottom of the heel counters. It doesn't hurt to be specific that you want seamless heel counter.
post #56 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatlese View Post
I was trading pm's with Tom....you know, just in case, even though I'd probably need to take a loan out.

So for those familiair with sizing translation, let's say for arguments sake I took a 7UK in the CJ337. This might hypothetically equal a 41 on the U and a 40.5 on the F, correct?

I wear UK7 in every British shoe. I am taking VASS 40.5 due to the fact that the outsole lenght of 40.5 is 11.5", plenty for US 7.5 or US 8

As a side note 40.5 suppose to = mondo 25.5 ,but as we all know ....
post #57 of 283
Boot pricing and availability?
post #58 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
I've read that Vass doesn't stock a whole lot of models in their store, so you'll probably be looking at mostly special orders.

My sizing:

10D US (usually)
9E UK - C&J 337
43 EU - Vass F
43.5 EU - Vass U

I have a slightly narrow foot and the Vass U on the 43.5 fits me the best out of everything I've ever worn.

Although sizing is a crap shoot, I can somewhat confim Will's sizing, although I am a full size larger.

11D US (usually)
10E UK - CJ 337
44.5 Eu - Vass U

As a note, I actually own a 45EU in the U-last, and I feel it is 1/2 size too big, and have had to insert two tongue pads to give me a good fit. I had originally purchased the 44.5 while in Budapest, but returned the next day for the 45 because i thought the 44.5 was tight on the sides of the ball of my feet. Problem was, I didn't have the opportunity to stretch them out, and my feet were swollen from all the sight seeing we were doing. Thus, I conclude 44.5Eu translates to US size 11, which is also consistent with what I've heard elsewhere on this forum.
post #59 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
Although sizing is a crap shoot, I can somewhat confim Will's sizing, although I am a full size larger.

11D US (usually)
10E UK - CJ 337
44.5 Eu - Vass U

As a note, I actually own a 45EU in the U-last, and I feel it is 1/2 size too big, and have had to insert two tongue pads to give me a good fit.

wow - this looks strangely familiar... I could have written all of this.
post #60 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by composite View Post
how much do Vass shoes normally cost?

In Budapest, standard lasts are 100,000 forints for calf, 125,000 for cordovan. Plus about 25,000 for shipping. Italian lasts and boots are a little more. There is some premium for MTO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Vass shoes direct from Budapest