or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Vass shoes direct from Budapest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vass shoes direct from Budapest - Page 12

post #166 of 283
Deleted
post #167 of 283
I also haven't been able to get in touch with Tom. I emailed him on the 19th and haven't heard back. I hope everything's alright.
post #168 of 283
I posted my boots in the Vass special order thread (MC section) and shoe porn thread. Good stuff and great service.
post #169 of 283
Thread Starter 
Hi all- I apologize for slow communication these days. Vass is a side project for me--main task is getting a job (boo) and takes most of my time. Orders are still going through and shipping with no problem. Mistakes/returns are slow right now because of my own time limitations and because TNT does not make it easy to ship stuff back here. Forint is way up again and predicted to go higher, around 180:1 USD by the end of the summer. I'm putting prices up a little bit, not enough to entirely offset the raise in rates. I'm also trying to set up a system that will automate more of the process, so even once I split Budapest forum members will be able to take advantage of my help. Thanks for your patience and it's been a pleasure working with everyone so far. Cheers Tom Edit: Ok, looks like my original post is too old to be able to edit the new prices. Here you go: U/F last $730 Trad lasts $660 U boots $800 Cordovan adds about $150. Prices are still lower than what you would get ordering from the shop directly, once customs fees are taken into account.
post #170 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
Hi all-

I apologize for slow communication these days. Vass is a side project for me--main task is getting a job (boo) and takes most of my time. Orders are still going through and shipping with no problem. Mistakes/returns are slow right now because of my own time limitations and because TNT does not make it easy to ship stuff back here.

Forint is way up again and predicted to go higher, around 180:1 USD by the end of the summer. I'm putting prices up a little bit, not enough to entirely offset the raise in rates. I'm also trying to set up a system that will automate more of the process, so even once I split Budapest forum members will be able to take advantage of my help.

Thanks for your patience and it's been a pleasure working with everyone so far.

Cheers
Tom

Edit: Ok, looks like my original post is too old to be able to edit the new prices. Here you go:

U/F last $730
Trad lasts $660
U boots $800

Cordovan adds about $150. Prices are still lower than what you would get ordering from the shop directly, once customs fees are taken into account.

Tom, PM sent!
post #171 of 283
Thread Starter 
Vass is closing their factory down for August. Please have any MTO orders to me by 15 June.
post #172 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
Vass is closing their factory down for August. Please have any MTO orders to me by 15 June.

WTF? Do they need any shopboys to sweep floors?
post #173 of 283
They close their shop for summer holidays every year.
post #174 of 283
Ferogosto...EUR siesta time...
post #175 of 283
Has anybody received their shoes from a May order? Also anyone have any recent contact with Tom?
post #176 of 283
I saw Tom at the DC meetup 2 weeks ago. I think he has been traveling.
post #177 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by paeday View Post
Has anybody received their shoes from a May order? Also anyone have any recent contact with Tom?

Also, just to confirm the above, Tom was in the U.S. the last time I heard from him. He actually shipped my shoes from Jersey.
post #178 of 283
That is good to hear, thanks guys....
post #179 of 283
paeday, have you heard from Tom or received your shoes? I, too, have been trying to get a hold of him.
post #180 of 283
I ordered shoes from Tom as well in early May. Tried emailing him over the last month and have not heard from him
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Vass shoes direct from Budapest