or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "Modern Cut" Suit Labels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Modern Cut" Suit Labels

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for a sleek, modern cut suit. High armholes, tapered sides, smaller lapels etc.

Right now, I'm considering Ralph Lauren Black Label. What other brands would you all recommend (keep quality and overall fit in mind)?

How are Isaia, Jil Sander, Armani, Canali and Zegna? Any others I'm missing?
post #2 of 17
This topic has been discussed for many times. Do search will give a lot of information on these brands. But of all the brands mentioned above, I prefer Jil Sander. However it shall be noted that JS is a fashion forward brand unlike the rest.
post #3 of 17
Dior Homme, they still run a line that was effectively designed by Hedi Slimane in their suits.
post #4 of 17
While I like the slim look designed by Silmane, I can only dream of fitting into them. Not for the average or slightly stout build. I didn't know that they still have a line designed by Silmane as I thought he left Dior for good.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
While I like the slim look designed by Silmane, I can only dream of fitting into them. Not for the average or slightly stout build. I didn't know that they still have a line designed by Silmane as I thought he left Dior for good.

I think he was trying to imply that Kris hasn't changed the suit line much, why mess with a good thing?
post #6 of 17
My experiences with canali is that they fit like boxes, but maybe there are newer, slimmer lines I'm not aware of?
post #7 of 17
I don't think either Isaia, Canali or Zegna would have thin lapel models.

Hickey does but I believe the suits are fused or half-canvassed.
post #8 of 17
eredi pisano makes a slim, modern garment.
Charles Tyrwhitt now makes a Black Label line which includes slimmer suits and shirts. they are much less expensive then the other brand you probably have in mind.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz View Post
eredi pisano makes a slim, modern garment.
Charles Tyrwhitt now makes a Black Label line which includes slimmer suits and shirts. they are much less expensive then the other brand you probably have in mind.

+1 for eredi pisano
post #10 of 17
Pisano suits are slim fitting, but lapels are average to wide, not thin.
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I don't think either Isaia, Canali or Zegna would have thin lapel models.

Hickey does but I believe the suits are fused or half-canvassed.

Doesn't Z Zegna do slim, thin-lapel? Or are the lapels wide?
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQBaller View Post
I'm looking for a sleek, modern cut suit. High armholes, tapered sides, smaller lapels etc.

Right now, I'm considering Ralph Lauren Black Label. What other brands would you all recommend (keep quality and overall fit in mind)?

How are Isaia, Jil Sander, Armani, Canali and Zegna? Any others I'm missing?

Go straight for Raffaele Caruso, whom is the maker of RL Black Label and also, nowadays, some Purple label sportscoats. If you want higher end (and thus spend a shitload of money), Luigi Borrelli, Stile Latino (by Attolini) or Sartoria Attolini. The Sartorio label by Kiton is also a very modern cut, you have to like the fabrics though.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Go straight for Raffaele Caruso, whom is the maker of RL Black Label and also, nowadays, some Purple label sportscoats. If you want higher end (and thus spend a shitload of money), Luigi Borrelli, Stile Latino (by Attolini) or Sartoria Attolini. The Sartorio label by Kiton is also a very modern cut, you have to like the fabrics though.

I thought that even though Caruso makes BL, the Caruso-labeled suits are not as slim. Am I mistaken?
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Doesn't Z Zegna do slim, thin-lapel? Or are the lapels wide?

I think that's right actually. But they're not fully canvassed
post #15 of 17
I would be apprehensive about buying a jacket for its slim lapels. It might not age very well. Depends on your definition of slim, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "Modern Cut" Suit Labels