or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dinner at Per Se - Suit or Blazer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dinner at Per Se - Suit or Blazer? - Page 29

post #421 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Yes, we had berkshire pork belly on the second to last savory course. By the time the steak came for the last course, we were already done-for. As Axelman said, it may be a seasonal thing. The meal was terrific, and all but one of the wines were great too. The one thing I missed and wanted was the venison.

When I went in December the pork was not served. On the other hand, we did have venison as the last savory course and it was excellent, fairly simple preperation with carrots IIRC.
post #422 of 427
not exactly Per Se, but No.9 Park in Boston, blazer or suit? also, it's the girl's bday - tell the waitstaff or not?
post #423 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz View Post
not exactly Per Se, but No.9 Park in Boston, blazer or suit? also, it's the girl's bday - tell the waitstaff or not?

call ahead of time. You will probably get a free dessert or something
post #424 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz View Post
not exactly Per Se, but No.9 Park in Boston, blazer or suit? also, it's the girl's bday - tell the waitstaff or not?

Suit and jacket are both fine at No. 9. I would call ahead to let the staff know that you are celebrating a special event. The tables by the windows are nice.

- B
post #425 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Suit and jacket are both fine at No. 9. I would call ahead to let the staff know that you are celebrating a special event. The tables by the windows are nice.

- B

Useful advice on page 29? Is that allowed?
post #426 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Useful advice on page 29? Is that allowed?

One of the bartenders there used to keep a bottles of some nice absinthe behind the counter, which certain trusted patrons like yours truly could swizzle at lunch. Not really a big deal, but it was fun.

It put a severe crimp in my week when No. 9 stopped serving lunch, although fortunately, Locke Ober is just down the street.


- B
post #427 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
One of the bartenders there used to keep a bottles of some nice absinthe behind the counter, which certain trusted patrons like yours truly could swizzle at lunch. Not really a big deal, but it was fun.

It put a severe crimp in my week when No. 9 stopped serving lunch, although fortunately, Locke Ober is just down the street.


- B

Me, I mourn the passing of "Mal's New York Style Deli" on Commonwealth. I always assumed that to Mal, NY-style meant he yelled at his customers. Now I'll probably never know.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dinner at Per Se - Suit or Blazer?