• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss is crapola

oaw01

Reaction score
I'm regretting my Hugo Boss Pasolini suit purchase. I just got it back from the tailor and I noticed the material is shoddy. Hell, my ebay suit - M Valentino is 10 times better and the Banana Republic stuff is also better. Well, I paid $250 and spent another $100 on alterations - I don't think the suit is worth more than $150.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I'm regretting my Hugo Boss Pasolini suit purchase. I just got it back from the tailor and I noticed the material is shoddy. Hell, my ebay suit - M Valentino is 10 times better and the Banana Republic stuff is also better. Well, I paid $250 and spent another $100 on alterations - I don't think the suit is worth more than $150.

I bought the same suit from Nordstrom. It's not awful, but not CLOSE to what they charge retail for.

Definitely my most expensive mistake.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, I dropped 350 + alterations for one a few years back. Oops

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Don't feel too bad, I dropped 350 + alterations for one a few years back. Oops

+1, hell I used to have a closet full of these things.
smile.gif

oaw01

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Burberry Bond street - it fits great - no alterations on the jacket. I picked it up at a Barney's outlet for $280. I'm hoping my Hickey suit would be just as good.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did Hugo Boss become THE coveted suit brand for young men who know nothing about suits? It's effing marketing genius.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 it's the bose speaker of the suit world.

Originally Posted by Tarmac
How did Hugo Boss become THE coveted suit brand for young men who know nothing about suits? It's effing marketing genius.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first time I ever heard of Boss was from Rocky IV, when Apollo Creed's corner crew comes out wearing Boss sweatshirts. I wanted one of those sweatshirts really bad.

jmix1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

It's the name. Which would you rather own if you were an uninformed suit buyer. Hickey Freeman or Hugo Boss.

oaw01

Reaction score
well, the only good thing about hugo boss is when a girl ask me what kind of suit I'm wearing and I say boss - she creams in her pants for some odd reason.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif
well, the only good thing about hugo boss is when a girl ask me what kind of suit I'm wearing and I say boss - she creams in her pants for some odd reason.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
+1, hell I used to have a closet full of these things.
smile.gif

I once had three of them, one was even black.

SlamMan

Reaction score

I prefer plain old wet. If there's cream she needs to go to the clinic.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan
I prefer plain old wet. If there's cream she needs to go to the clinic.

If 'she' creams, you've got a him on your hands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads