or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest - Page 55

post #811 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
No I didn't.

- B

I was hoping for a better comeback than that. As it is, I may as well not have bothered.
post #812 of 2153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I was hoping for a better comeback than that. As it is, I may as well not have bothered.

All that I have to offer you is no-homo love.


- B
post #813 of 2153
I am trying to figure out your criteria.. There are some extreme inconsistencies in what you include, so that is a very, very difficult task..
post #814 of 2153
Will looks really good in my suit, doesn't he.
post #815 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I am trying to figure out your criteria.. There are some extreme inconsistencies in what you include, so that is a very, very difficult task..

I think the 'Subjective and Totally Unfair' sums it up nicely

it gives a good flavour of the week and always enjoy looking at through even if there are pictures I'd have included excluded and vice-versa.
post #816 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
I think the 'Subjective and Totally Unfair' sums it up nicely

it gives a good flavour of the week and always enjoy looking at through even if there are pictures I'd have included excluded and vice-versa.

+1. I look at the thread a couple times a day and still there are things included in the digest that I've missed completely.
post #817 of 2153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I am trying to figure out your criteria.. There are some extreme inconsistencies in what you include, so that is a very, very difficult task..

It is a digest of some of the things that I find interesting in WAYWRN.

It is skewed to what is good or thought provoking. It is biased toward a weekly theme that I never really discuss. It excludes the most entertaining worst which I save for the monthly report...and the plain old worst which lacks any entertainment value.

I also try to give some weight to what I percieve to be the wearer's tastes and intent, rather than it being a personal reaction to what I like or dislike, or what I would wear or not. In other words, this is not the type of digest that might be created by someone who sees their personal taste encompassing the entire universe of what looks good.

How's that?

And of course, I'm not in it, which is a relief to many.


- B
post #818 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I am trying to figure out your criteria.. There are some extreme inconsistencies in what you include, so that is a very, very difficult task..

It's what Bill likes.
post #819 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Will looks really good in my suit, doesn't he.

post #820 of 2153
Bill, I'm surprised you didn't include my Borrelli supercoat in the Monthly Looks Gone Wrong post last month. Not because I think it's bad (I love it and wear it) but because of the overall negative opinion here (including yours).
post #821 of 2153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Bill, I'm surprised you didn't include my Borrelli supercoat in the Monthly Looks Gone Wrong post last month. Not because I think it's bad (I love it and wear it) but because of the overall negative opinion here (including yours).

That's because it achieved an iconic status on its own, requiring no recapitulation from the monthly column.

- B
post #822 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
That's because it achieved an iconic status on its own, requiring no recapitulation from the monthly column.

- B

So it was bigger than the column? Most excellent.
post #823 of 2153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
So it was bigger than the column? Most excellent.

What made it iconic was not you alone, but all of you.

It had everything:

1. Handsewn vs. machine sewn.

2. Structured vs. unstructured.

3. Good Borrelli vs. bad Borrelli.

4. Shopping for RTW at bespoke prices vs. shopping for RTW that no one would buy except as a post-season bargain.

5. The rights of the physically imperfect vs. expectations of the transformative power of clothing.

6. The superficial snark vs. the emotion of ownership.

7. Reason vs. passion.

I think I might script it for a straight to DVD production.


- B
post #824 of 2153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
So it was bigger than the column? Most excellent.

In that regard, you have truly risen above the rest of us small-timers.
post #825 of 2153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
In that regard, you have truly risen above the rest of us small-timers.

It's really heart-wrenching, but in a good way, when they leave the nest.


- B
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest