or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag? - Page 9

post #121 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
Context has it up for pre-order.

pre-ordered it from Mauro.

Can't wait to buy this baby and use her for school
post #122 of 291
I wish the bag came with the handgrip.
post #123 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I wish the bag came with the handgrip.

Send it back to Filson and have them install one.
post #124 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
The cheaper bag is also made by Filson.

So I think you are saying this bag costs more than the same Filson model because this bag uses Ugandan cotton which costs more because the Ugandan workers are paid more than the workers who makes Filson's cotton (and maybe the Ugandan cotton is also better for some other reason since you say they "source the material based on quality"). I have no idea where Filson gets its "tin cloth" cotton, but I have no reason to doubt you about which workers are better paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete View Post
How does the Uganda fabric compare to Filson's standard 256 fabric? Comparable durability, weight, stiffness, etc? Also, any ideas on how the color will fade with time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
The normal 256 material is waxed 22 ounce cotton twill.
The price difference is due to this item being a limited number custom run.

The FilsonxApolis collaboration is made from a 17 ounce fabric, iirc from my conversations with Raan Parton (the designer at Apolis), and is also softer than the usual 22 ounce fabric. The material is more expensive than the usual 22 ounce cotton twill, and is not something that Filson has in house, nor is it the standard weight or construction, so as Carl (Crane's) implied, it requires reconfiguring the production line for a very limited run. I imagine that because of the difference in the weight and stiffness of the cloth, the tension in the machines have to be reconfigured as well. 17 ounce denim is pretty sturdy. It's probably not as indestructible as the 22 ounce cloth, but it will stand up to anything that would not shatter your laptop.
post #125 of 291
Once we get these in I'm going to snag one. I like the bag, the concept behind it and it's limited availability.
post #126 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
Send it back to Filson and have them install one.

Fo FREE??
post #127 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Fo FREE??

It's not free. If I heard it right it costs ten bucks.
post #128 of 291
post #129 of 291
For those that missed out on preorders from Farinelli's and Context, it looks like you might still have a chance to get one straight from the source: http://www.apolisactivism.com/?event=startPreorder

Context also has some interviews up from the AA guys and Filson: http://www.contextclothing.com/eye_to_eye.php
post #130 of 291
Robin, we have 8 or 9 of these coming and all but one will be for sale.
post #131 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
It's not free. If I heard it right it costs ten bucks.

That's what it says on the Filson site. It says "installed for 20 bucks" so I guess the 10 bucks is for the handgrip only.
post #132 of 291
I am looking for a bag like this but it is out of my price range. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper alternative? Thanks.
post #133 of 291
The normal Filson briefcase.
post #134 of 291
were these supposed to get to retailers by now? or was it they were being shipped from apolis by the 15th?
post #135 of 291
I just need some money and i will definitely buy this joint... in retailers now? www.the189.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?