or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag? - Page 8

post #106 of 291
I almost forgot about this bag. Mauro got me down for one 4 months ago...I can't wait :] Perfect time too, I was in the market for a bag
post #107 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
I think it's cool and I desperately need a real computer bag. Looks like an early birthday present for myself once we get them.

yeah i need a new computer bag and timing is perfect for school. i cant wait till this thing comes out.
post #108 of 291
mauro, you have a PM
let me know, thanks
post #109 of 291
Apolis Activism x Filson briefcase featured in August 2009 GQ magazine (page 27, unavailable online). Color is indeed black...
post #110 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoc View Post
Apolis Activism x Filson briefcase featured in August 2009 GQ magazine (page 27, unavailable online). Color is indeed black...

according to the buyer's guide available at ContextClothing.com, as well as through some of the fine folks in this thread no?
post #111 of 291
Did anyone ever get an explanation of why the price is much higher than the regular Filson model other than that there are more hands involved? Some explanation about the cotton or other materials that make it different would be useful.
post #112 of 291
Dopey, Feel free to read the thread. It's been discussed a number of times. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=71
post #113 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Dopey, Feel free to read the thread. It's been discussed a number of times. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=71
I read the thread before and read that post. The absence of any other information is why I asked the question. The post doesn't say anything about the cotton or the construction or anything else other than that they have lowered the price a bit. If the answer is that it costs more because they want to charge more so that they raise more money, that is fine. The post doesn't even say that clearly, though I guess it must mean that since it doesn't really say anything else.
post #114 of 291
Construction is Filson. Cotton is sourced from Uganda which is a factor of the price increase. It's not that they're picking some random factory in China, they source the material based on quality and based on how it fulfills their commitment to philantropy. The process is much more involved so as insure that more of the profit is given back to the workers.
post #115 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Construction is Filson.

Cotton is sourced from Uganda which is a factor of the price increase. It's not that they're picking some random factory in China, they source the material based on quality and based on how it fulfills their commitment to philantropy. The process is much more involved so as insure that more of the profit is given back to the workers.

The cheaper bag is also made by Filson.

So I think you are saying this bag costs more than the same Filson model because this bag uses Ugandan cotton which costs more because the Ugandan workers are paid more than the workers who makes Filson's cotton (and maybe the Ugandan cotton is also better for some other reason since you say they "source the material based on quality"). I have no idea where Filson gets its "tin cloth" cotton, but I have no reason to doubt you about which workers are better paid.
post #116 of 291
How does the Uganda fabric compare to Filson's standard 256 fabric? Comparable durability, weight, stiffness, etc? Also, any ideas on how the color will fade with time?

And, since Mauro's so busy at the moment, should we PM him or the shop for bag pre-orders/requests?
post #117 of 291
The normal 256 material is waxed 22 ounce cotton twill.
The price difference is due to this item being a limited number custom run.
post #118 of 291
Bags Will Be In Soon!
post #119 of 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoc View Post
Apolis Activism x Filson briefcase featured in August 2009 GQ magazine (page 27, unavailable online). Color is indeed black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta View Post
according to the buyer's guide available at ContextClothing.com, as well as through some of the fine folks in this thread no?

Last comment on color was meant to be tongue in cheek, given then navy vs black debate earlier in the thread...
post #120 of 291
Context has it up for pre-order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?