or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › This Should be a Model for all Custom Shirt Websites
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This Should be a Model for all Custom Shirt Websites

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
I just received an email advertising this website: shirtsmyway.com. They have an introductory offer of two custom shirts for $59 shipped. It seems to me that the shirts are not that great and there is a very limited selection of fabrics but the website design is absolutely fantastic! If only Jantzen had a site like these guys. The names of the fabrics and options are kind of stupid but the site is a joy to use. I'm considering giving it a try just because it is so easy and the price seems so right. Check out the area where you submit your measurements. They make it very easy to get it right.
post #2 of 44
Very well done indeed, except for the buttons. Shell shocked!

If you get one you'll have to let us know how it comes out. Unfortunately I don't see any way to adjust for shoulder slope, so it's a no-go for me.
post #3 of 44
Thread Starter 
I don't see an option to adjust for a dropped shoulder but you can choose from three shoulder slope options.
post #4 of 44
Yeah--maybe there is, but only if you choose body measurements rather than shirt measurements. Didn't see that the first time through.

The best way to do online MTM in my experience is to mix the two (e.g., I always give a shirt measurement for cuffs but body measurements for chest/waist/etc). Do they let you do that?
post #5 of 44
If it's so great, why won't it open in my browser? Don't they know many companies haven't upgraded to Explorer 7 or greater?
post #6 of 44
Very nice website ... better than tailorstore.com which I've always found to be better than most. Unfortunatly with only 17 fabrics to choose from I'm not sure I'd order from them. Maybe a couple of basic ones just to check them out. Certainly one to bookmark.

EDIT - Tried to order a shirt, and no matter which fabric choice you make it doesn't 'take'. I've got 7 shirts with "Clean Break" fabric in my cart.
post #7 of 44
Looks like a slightly upgraded version of the tailorstore.com shirt designer but with fewer options. The introductory offer is very attractive, though.
post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouse View Post
Looks like a slightly upgraded version of the tailorstore.com shirt designer but with fewer options. The introductory offer is very attractive, though.

Yes but note that they get to choose the 2nd shirt for you ... so you could end up with one of the cotton/poly blends.
post #9 of 44
Not feeling the love.
post #10 of 44
Just as I was about to take out my credit card, my wife says -
"Oh great so you can get another TWO shirts you won't wear!".

Confound that voice of reason!
post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fingers View Post
Just as I was about to take out my credit card, my wife says -
"Oh great so you can get another TWO shirts you won't wear!".

Confound that voice of reason!

I get that occasionally too ... all I need to do is point to her 'shoe closet' and the conversation seems to abruptly end ...
post #12 of 44
I just placed an order. It says it will take 15 business days to arrive. There was no where to make adjustments for wearing a watch so I just wrote them an email asking them to compensate for that.
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclloyd View Post
Very nice website ... better than tailorstore.com which I've always found to be better than most. Unfortunatly with only 17 fabrics to choose from I'm not sure I'd order from them. Maybe a couple of basic ones just to check them out. Certainly one to bookmark.

EDIT - Tried to order a shirt, and no matter which fabric choice you make it doesn't 'take'. I've got 7 shirts with "Clean Break" fabric in my cart.

youve got to apply the fabric to 'all'. you can mix fabrics for the collar/cuff and so on. not sure how practical it is though.
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird's One View View Post
Not feeling the love.

+1.

Too few fabrics and too few details on the ones they have. 'Cotton Blend'?

But free shipping worldwide is neat (even though it's obviously just figured into the cost of the shirt).
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird's One View View Post
Not feeling the love.

+1
The web design is way too busy for me.

Obviously, these aren't custom shirt websites, but I'd love to see more websites designed like Howard Yount or Kent Wang.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › This Should be a Model for all Custom Shirt Websites