• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Shocked to find on searching that no such thread has existed previously. Dos and Don'ts? What contexts? What boots? Do you do it, and have you pictoral examples? What takes it too far? General opinions regarding the practice?

I offer the following willycheesesteak awesomeness as inspiration, borrowed from WAYWT thread:
waywt26.jpg

Discuss.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think it looks cool, I can't pull it off. I think its like stacking, everything has to fall into place just so or else it doesn't work.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's a fad/trend that I greatly hope passes soon. It just looks silly to me.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I could see one practical reason for tucking, and that would be just to keep your pants dry in a storm. But as far as a fashion/style consideration, no.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some good and some bad. Goods were really good, bads were really bad. Just one of those things that if you don't pull it off perfectly, you're going to look awful I suppose.

I make fun of bad things people do with their jeans in the winter with my friend and girls are certainly 10x worse offenders than guys when it comes to boot awfulness. I saw a girl wearing some decently large boots that went up to her knee, and she was wearing some sort of bootcut jeans, and instead of tucking them in, or trying to fit them over the boots, she just tucked in the hem and let the rest of the jeans just stack up at her knees. It was an atrocity. I saw some guy wearing some fairly low boots, completely undone, big white socks coming out of them pulled halfway up the leg, jeans stuffed into sock at mid calf. I was just like, how could you have spent enough time to tuck your jeans into your socks and not realized half way through that you'd look terrible.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I let my mine stack besides my boots aren't the tucking type ie PS. For tucking one needs a rugged work-wear type boot which I don't own.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I saw some guy wearing some fairly low boots, completely undone, big white socks coming out of them pulled halfway up the leg, jeans stuffed into sock at mid calf. I was just like, how could you have spent enough time to tuck your jeans into your socks and not realized half way through that you'd look terrible.
By the time I was finished reading this I had a mental picture and it hurt. Physical pain.

I actually started this thread because I now actually own casual boots, whereas before I owned none. I am contemplating attempting a boot tuck but as mentioned I do have stature to work around (I am tall but not skinny... not fat either but not skinny). More than anything, it seems if you don't do it right it looks sort of costumey.

I figure there must be plenty of people with experience in making this happen around here as I see it in WAYWT every so often (recently, via Warlok and SoCal).

DrPat

Reaction score

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me also say I like the look, it's just that I don't own any military styled work-wear type boots. If I had owned a pair of Carpe Diems or Attachment boots then I'd definitely rock the look.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It reminds me of kids in the early 1990s rolling up their jeans over their high-top converse.

And the look on that model's face, like, "Are you sure this looks okay?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 71 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 33 17.0%

Forum statistics

Threads