or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sky Valet update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sky Valet update

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 
I stopped by Sky Valet this morning to drop off a pair of shoes for repair.  Still no EGs.  Sky Valet has brought most of the Vasses out of the stockroom into the store.  Lots of shoes in sizes 44-46.
post #2 of 47
just out of curiousity, what price are they charging for Vass?
post #3 of 47
Thread Starter 
$650, which is expensive (at least to me), but well below retail.  Sky Valet was charging $695 for U-last shoes, but IIRC, have none left in stock.  Boots are above $700.
post #4 of 47
How much do Vass shoes cost in Budapest? (starting price) Jon.
post #5 of 47
Quote:
I stopped by Sky Valet this morning to drop off a pair of shoes for repair.  Still no EGs.  Sky Valet has brought most of the Vasses out of the stockroom into the store.  Lots of shoes in sizes 44-46.
Any more insights from these guys as to what happened with Vass? Was it, as some have suggested here, price-related? Curious, as all I know about this was a short email from Adam at SV....
post #6 of 47
If SV puts their Vass on further discount, please let us know.
post #7 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
If SV puts their Vass on further discount, please let us know.
Hmm . . . now that I think about it, Sky Valet discounting the Vass that they will no longer be ordering is a distinct possibility.  They are currently trying to clear out Alfred Sargent at 20% off.
post #8 of 47
I'll be over there tomorrow picking up some shoes they've been working on and checking out the remaining Vass stock.
post #9 of 47
Quote:
I'll be over there tomorrow picking up some shoes they've been working on and checking out the remaining Vass stock.
kabert, what size do you wear in Vass? -- I seem to recall that one of the DC regulars also has big feet, like me... :-) Do let us know if you happen to see any remaining Vass shoes in large sizes -- 46 and above.
post #10 of 47
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes. If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount. Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
post #11 of 47
Quote:
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes.   If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount.  Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
Excellent idea. I'm a 43 on the P2 last. No idea about the other lasts.
post #12 of 47
I would jump in with a local group buy, possible for a budapest. No clue as to fit, though. Whatever is closest to 10.5D
post #13 of 47
NoVa, the SV guys are very easygoing, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you figure out your size in Vass.
post #14 of 47
Quote:
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes.   If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount.  Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
Great idea. Let us know what you're able to find. Just as long as we don't have to fight over the one remaining pair of shoes that we both happen to want. Did SV ever have a size 47 in the U-last?
post #15 of 47
If there are some nice 44 and 44.5 in there, I'd go in on a group buy if they were willing to knock 50% off of their price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sky Valet update