or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for a boat / deck shoe for summer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a boat / deck shoe for summer

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for a decent boat shoe for summer, and aside from Sperry or Sebago, I don't really know where to look.

Can anyone recommend a boat shoe, perhaps even one made by a more reputable maker?
post #2 of 16
google Sperry and Bass
post #3 of 16
alden

quoddy
post #4 of 16
i would check out quoddy trail boat shoes you can't go wrong with them, made in america, durable, and excellent craftmenship. support the us economy and buy american
post #5 of 16
Re: Sebago. In any case stay clear of dark brown Sebagos. The leather looks plasticky (sp?) in a really strange way after a short while.
post #6 of 16
Alden has a nice looking boat shoe. I haven't seen it in person, but it looks good in the ShoeMart pics at http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...=0&vendor=ALD&. I'm thinking of ordering a pair.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Those Alden's look fantastic
post #8 of 16
Having had Sperry, Sebago and Timberland I strongly prefer the latter. Timberland's leather feels the best to me, they're durable and have the most attractive sole.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanseat View Post
Having had Sperry, Sebago and Timberland I strongly prefer the latter. Timberland's leather feels the best to me, they're durable and have the most attractive sole.

+1 on Timberlands. Probably a very german choice
post #10 of 16
If you order one from Russell Moccasin today, you might get it by end of June.
post #11 of 16
Paraboot is pretty good, if you want a European brand. Also APC has boat shoes again this year www.apc.fr
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Alden has a nice looking boat shoe. I haven't seen it in person, but it looks good in the ShoeMart pics at http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...=0&vendor=ALD&. I'm thinking of ordering a pair.

I really like the navy alden's.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze View Post
I really like the navy alden's.
Navy is what I'm considering.
post #14 of 16
i absolutley love my sperry's, and they have lasted me a very long time. and i beat the shit out of them.\\, Water, sand, more water, sun! they are great.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by i6or View Post
i absolutley love my sperry's, and they have lasted me a very long time. and i beat the shit out of them.\\, Water, sand, more water, sun! they are great.
I like Sperry and may get a pair in dark brown, but I don't like the white laces on their navy boat shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for a boat / deck shoe for summer