or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › gitman bros vintage...anyone tried out yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

gitman bros vintage...anyone tried out yet? - Page 2

post #16 of 39
How's the fit compared to a standard Thom Browne? The measurements I've seen posted here and there look pretty similar.
post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus View Post
How's the fit compared to a standard Thom Browne? The measurements I've seen posted here and there look pretty similar.

fits similar, but without the extra details.
post #18 of 39
Extra details?

Just so I'm clear, let's say, a size 2 TB would be a Gitman Vintage medium?
post #19 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus View Post
Extra details?

Just so I'm clear, let's say, a size 2 TB would be a Gitman Vintage medium?

I would say that a Gitman Vintage Small is closest to a Thom Browne 1. The measurements of a Gitman S and TB1 are nearly identical with the exception of the waist being .5" wider on the TB and the arm hole being about 1" higher on the TB.

Hope this helps.
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95///M3 View Post
I would say that a Gitman Vintage Small is closest to a Thom Browne 1. The measurements of a Gitman S and TB1 are nearly identical with the exception of the waist being .5" wider on the TB and the arm hole being about 1" higher on the TB.

Hope this helps.

That does. Worth a shot, I guess. I'd prefer just to get more TB, but between the exchange rate and Bergdorf Goodman using FedEx to ship -- honestly, once that stuff gets to the Calgary FedEx officeone would be better off if it was handed off to crack-addled chimpanzees for delivery for the kind of bull you have to put up with -- it sounds like a good option.

Once those Gitman shirts in at Roden Gray (I'm going to assume Ryan would probably post something in the affiliate thread), I think I might have a relative in Vancouver pick a couple up.
post #21 of 39
what would a Black Fleece BB1 = in GBV sizing?
post #22 of 39
I was able to pick up gitman brothers vintage, and it's little too big for me. I am listing it for sale, and if any one is interested before I return it contact me.

-tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot View Post
gitman brothers vintage is apparently out now and i was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet. i know they make the shirts for thom browne and i've always been a fan of those but unfortunately i can't always drop 250 a pop.

anyone know the price etc on these?
post #23 of 39
I'm obsessed with these things . . . picked up another one today. Toll is now at 6. I like their fit better than BF.

Anyone have experience with regular Gitman shirts? I've heard the fabric is ridiculous, but they're fairly boxy.
post #24 of 39
Gitman makes shirts for Band of Outsiders and Oxxford as well as ties for the latter. I would like to find a store in Boston carrying Gitman MTM as they now do quite slim cuts.
post #25 of 39
Do the Gitman Bros. Vintage OCBD's have a pocket? I'm already on the fence based on the locker loop and button on the back of the collar.
post #26 of 39
Yes to the pocket (which I hope you'll construe to be a good thing). Not all of the shirts have the button on back of the collar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound35 View Post
Do the Gitman Bros. Vintage OCBD's have a pocket? I'm already on the fence based on the locker loop and button on the back of the collar.
post #27 of 39
I would prefer no pocket. I know it's not exactly trad.
post #28 of 39
The pockets are pretty nice and unobtrusive on the shirts. They are smaller than most pockets.
post #29 of 39
can you comment on Black Fleece vs Gitman sizing? Ie, If you take a Black Fleece Size 1, what size would you take in a Gitman Vintage?
post #30 of 39
I'm a BF 2, Gitman M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartort View Post
can you comment on Black Fleece vs Gitman sizing?

Ie, If you take a Black Fleece Size 1, what size would you take in a Gitman Vintage?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › gitman bros vintage...anyone tried out yet?