or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine's Heritage Line...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine's Heritage Line... - Page 57

post #841 of 950
i got some dr schools gel insoles, dont really like them that much

any ideas for some better ones?
post #842 of 950
Wow! For what it's worth, I think Crane's posts have been incredibly helpful.
post #843 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspecs View Post
Environments they were designed for?
What the hell century are you living in? You say it like you don't wear them as some niche market fashion statement; to which I call bullshit.

Heritage pf flyers were designed for running too but i'm pretty sure any podiatrist or physiotherapist would discourage you from playing sports in them. Camping or hiking in single leather soled wolverine 1000 miles or 721's is exactly the same as running in heritage pf flyers just because they were designed for sports.

And, being sold for $725 at boutiques like leffot, I certainly don't think they were designed for the average blue collar working man. Yeah yeah, Edmund Hillary still climbed everest in a pair of leather clunkers and your 721's will still do the job, but i'm pretty sure if Hillary had the chance between a pair of ll bean waterproof goretex lined good year welted hiking boots for an 1/8th of the price of some wolverine 721's which have fuck all ankle support and traction compared to the former, the reason anyone would choose 721's would be because they like the aesthetics and it's a fashion statement.

Your context sucks. Either your in it for the fashion and overcompensating your grizzledness...or your just dumb.

My point: Quit banging on about how you don't treat them like dress shoes and post more pictures of your vintage designed petite boots and embrace it. BAH! (I didn't actually mean that to be quite so burning but it's late, leave me alone...also...i may have taken on that handy advice about sno-sealing...but to the rest of it! bah!)

Nice rant. WTF were you drunk, stoned or just didn't get laid or all of the above? I clearly stated why I bought these and what I'm going to do to them which is nothing more than what i do day in and day out. It's comical to read a rant from someone who can't get over themselves and their preconceived notions and ideas about a particular product. Yeah I'm well aware of the target market they are advertising to. That in no way lessens the fact that these are legitimate workboots and not some half baked collab bullshit that needs to be handled with kid gloves. Do you know how many people in rural America would give the original 1K or 721s a second look? None, zero not a single one. They look and see workboots and that is all. So how does that fit in with your aesthetics and fashion statement pipe? Before you answer that remember I live in the boondocks.

I bought these because they are light weight, uninsulated, well built solid boots using some of the most durable leather known from a solid company that's been around a while. I have said it before, they are not perfect for everything but they work well for just about everything I do on a daily basis. Tough shit if you believe it or not but I certainly have put my money where my mouth is as evidenced by my posts about these boots and what I put them through. It seems to me something like this has been long over due around here. If nothing else a whole bunch of people have learned a bit about how much abuse you can actually put a boot through and with minimal care keep them looking good and properly maintained.

Oh and don't bet the bank what Hillary would choose to wear today. You might find out he would pick an all leather boot similar to what Limmer offers. Some of us have been around a while and know the advantages of such a boot versus some goretex lined, cordura hybrid boot.

Now go get laid or something.
post #844 of 950
Made the mistake of buying both Sno-Seal and Obenaufs LP, thinking that was what I needed. Should I just use any boot oil? Kiwi doesn't seem that well liked when I read about it... Obenaufs is out of the question since I'm in Europe (the LP was on ebay). Can anyone recommend a specific brand?
post #845 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by delakingois View Post
Made the mistake of buying both Sno-Seal and Obenaufs LP, thinking that was what I needed. Should I just use any boot oil? Kiwi doesn't seem that well liked when I read about it... Obenaufs is out of the question since I'm in Europe (the LP was on ebay). Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

Wolverine boot oil should be available in Europe.
post #846 of 950
any idea where i can get premium/high quality boot laces? the ones on my brown wolverine pair are pretty worn out... and i don't think the company offers any kind of repair / replacement services. and for those that have replaced them...what colors do you go for? thinking of experimenting with slightly contrasted laces, like a beige/taupe/sepia/light brown-tan. thanks in advance!
post #847 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdawson View Post
any idea where i can get premium/high quality boot laces? the ones on my brown wolverine pair are pretty worn out... and i don't think the company offers any kind of repair / replacement services.

and for those that have replaced them...what colors do you go for? thinking of experimenting with slightly contrasted laces, like a beige/taupe/sepia/light brown-tan.

thanks in advance!

This was brought up by our rep at Wolverine's latest corporate sales meeting. He told me Wolverine will be making laces available soon.
post #848 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
Nice rant. WTF were you drunk, stoned or just didn't get laid or all of the above? I clearly stated why I bought these and what I'm going to do to them which is nothing more than what i do day in and day out. It's comical to read a rant from someone who can't get over themselves and their preconceived notions and ideas about a particular product. Yeah I'm well aware of the target market they are advertising to. That in no way lessens the fact that these are legitimate workboots and not some half baked collab bullshit that needs to be handled with kid gloves. Do you know how many people in rural America would give the original 1K or 721s a second look? None, zero not a single one. They look and see workboots and that is all. So how does that fit in with your aesthetics and fashion statement pipe? Before you answer that remember I live in the boondocks.

I bought these because they are light weight, uninsulated, well built solid boots using some of the most durable leather known from a solid company that's been around a while. I have said it before, they are not perfect for everything but they work well for just about everything I do on a daily basis. Tough shit if you believe it or not but I certainly have put my money where my mouth is as evidenced by my posts about these boots and what I put them through. It seems to me something like this has been long over due around here. If nothing else a whole bunch of people have learned a bit about how much abuse you can actually put a boot through and with minimal care keep them looking good and properly maintained.

Oh and don't bet the bank what Hillary would choose to wear today. You might find out he would pick an all leather boot similar to what Limmer offers. Some of us have been around a while and know the advantages of such a boot versus some goretex lined, cordura hybrid boot.

Now go get laid or something.

You know for an old dude you sure do react like a five year old. let's cut down the misinterpretation here. I never said you're advice wasn't useful. I believe I actually mentioned taking it on. It's been great.

I'm just saying quit overlaying and overemphasing your posts here (like this crap) and over on the Wolverine 721LTD thread with pretence about hunting and shitkicking as though you didn't choose them AT ALL for aesthetics and that you don't care about your style because you're too practical (even though you post on this forum). I'm sorry but fuck off I can smell the shit from here.

Dude I don't give two shits about where you live what you're hobbies are or what you're sex life is like. And as for stereotyping me as some "city slicker" who "can't get over themselves" that likes to wear "half baked collab bullshit that needs to be handled with kid gloves" you might take point and see none of my posts have fuck all to do with "˜baller sneakers' or "˜waywt' threads and I don't even come on this forum as much as you'd think. good one.

And as for preconceived notions and ideas? No i'm just stating what's out on the global market for people to choose from and if you chose the boots for "˜practicality' it just shows you're clearly interested in your style and care about what you look like more than sayyyy .... arch and ankle support when hiking.

Drop the pretence.
post #849 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspecs View Post
You know for an old dude you sure do react like a five year old. let's cut down the misinterpretation here. I never said you're advice wasn't useful. I believe I actually mentioned taking it on. It's been great.

I'm just saying quit overlaying and overemphasing your posts here (like this crap) and over on the Wolverine 721LTD thread with pretence about hunting and shitkicking as though you didn't choose them AT ALL for aesthetics and that you don't care about your style because you're too practical (even though you post on this forum). I'm sorry but fuck off I can smell the shit from here.

Dude I don't give two shits about where you live what you're hobbies are or what you're sex life is like. And as for stereotyping me as some "city slicker" who "can't get over themselves" that likes to wear "half baked collab bullshit that needs to be handled with kid gloves" you might take point and see none of my posts have fuck all to do with "˜baller sneakers' or "˜waywt' threads and I don't even come on this forum as much as you'd think. good one.

And as for preconceived notions and ideas? No i'm just stating what's out on the global market for people to choose from and if you chose the boots for "˜practicality' it just shows you're clearly interested in your style and care about what you look like more than sayyyy .... arch and ankle support when hiking.

Drop the pretence.

I love it when someone insists they know my purchasing reasons more than I do. I suppose you're going to tell me my Filson and Barbour purchases are all about my personal style and how I look on the street? That would be some of the funniest shit anyone has said to me in a long long time. Maybe that's something you would do but not me. All of it was bought and is used for it's intended purpose which is a concept you simply cannot grasp. If anything it is you who are the pretentious one here, not me. And just for the record who is acting like a 5 year old? LOL! Maybe you should read your last two posts in this thread before you answer.

Oh and I have read all 18 of your posts. You're a regular plethora of worthwhile and useful information. What a fuckin' joke.
post #850 of 950
Apparently Wolverine 1000 Mile Original's don't come in a 7.5 EEE. They only do wide sizes on 8 and up. Awesome... So do I order the regular 8, or the wide 8? Or maybe I should just say fuck it and figure out where the Red Wing store in Seoul is...
post #851 of 950
1) Does anyone have any IRL experience with either the Burton or Montgomery models? Most of the discussion here is about the Addisons/Originals. I'm more interested in an 8"~ish high boot. Tossing up between these and RW 899s (http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1045) The Burton looks beautiful in the lookbook: http://www.wolverine.com/US/1000mile...e_Lookbook.pdf But much, much duller in some other photos: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D51584 http://cstoreconcept.blogspot.com/20...-boots_20.html 2) I much prefer the Rust colour of the Original model, honestly. Is there anything I could do to lighten the brown Burtons up if I grabbed them? 3) Anyone know of somewhere I could grab them cheaper than Neiman Marcus? Can't find too many stores with them online. 4) My shoe size seems to be all over the place: 9UK Loakes, 11.5US Nike Free Runs, 10.5US Jordans. I have a 28"x3.81" foot, so quite narrow. From the comments here I think i'll probably order a 10 if I go through with these (I live O/S so won't be able to try on first)". Sound good? Cheers
post #852 of 950
That's good news about laces, thanks. I busted one a month ago (at the airport, of all places) and I'm hesitant to use those gold laces or something on these boots.
post #853 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
I love it when someone insists they know my purchasing reasons more than I do. I suppose you're going to tell me my Filson and Barbour purchases are all about my personal style and how I look on the street? That would be some of the funniest shit anyone has said to me in a long long time. Maybe that's something you would do but not me. All of it was bought and is used for it's intended purpose which is a concept you simply cannot grasp. If anything it is you who are the pretentious one here, not me. And just for the record who is acting like a 5 year old? LOL! Maybe you should read your last two posts in this thread before you answer.

Oh and I have read all 18 of your posts. You're a regular plethora of worthwhile and useful information. What a fuckin' joke.

I'm not insisting i know your purchasing reasons more than you do (and i don't think you know mine either) i'm just showing you what's blatantly obvious about you're purchases and your context. I'm just pointing out that if you care about buying products for their intended purposes and given what's available on the market buying wolverine 721's for their intended purpose is exactly the same as buying heritage pf flyers because they were intended for sports when you could have bought a product that does the job better for cheaper and will last just as long.
And if you don't see that ...than you really are dumb. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't so heavily advertised yourself as though you bought them ONLY for practical purposes. . . I dunno, maybe you're just not very practical. OR as i may have slipped in before you LIKE the style which is not the worst thing in the world and doesn't actually make you some gay city slicking shoe pansy but a regular human being like all others.

And I never advertised myself to be a plethora of information. Doesn't really matter if I am or not. Just posted here because i got a pair of boots which i like and thought i'd share pictures with people who also like the boots and have them. But then again, atleast i'm not advertising myself like you do, posting random bullshit about deer hunting on a shoes thread as though anyone had asked, whilst at the same time managing to call other people shoe pansies, city slickers and other arrogant horse shit as though it matters. But I guess i'd be speaking horse shit too if i walked through it as much as you do.

Speaking of posting. if you wish to continue this wee little bitch fight which i'm sure you may just pm me instead of clogging the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delakingois View Post
Made the mistake of buying both Sno-Seal and Obenaufs LP, thinking that was what I needed. Should I just use any boot oil? Kiwi doesn't seem that well liked when I read about it... Obenaufs is out of the question since I'm in Europe (the LP was on ebay). Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

Try Montana Pitch Blend or have wee little read of this if you're super unsure.
post #854 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post
1) Does anyone have any IRL experience with either the Burton or Montgomery models? Most of the discussion here is about the Addisons/Originals. I'm more interested in an 8"~ish high boot. Tossing up between these and RW 899s (http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1045)

The Burton looks beautiful in the lookbook: http://www.wolverine.com/US/1000mile...e_Lookbook.pdf

But much, much duller in some other photos: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D51584

http://cstoreconcept.blogspot.com/20...-boots_20.html

2) I much prefer the Rust colour of the Original model, honestly. Is there anything I could do to lighten the brown Burtons up if I grabbed them?

3) Anyone know of somewhere I could grab them cheaper than Neiman Marcus? Can't find too many stores with them online.

4) My shoe size seems to be all over the place: 9UK Loakes, 11.5US Nike Free Runs, 10.5US Jordans. I have a 28"x3.81" foot, so quite narrow. From the comments here I think i'll probably order a 10 if I go through with these (I live O/S so won't be able to try on first)". Sound good?

Cheers

I have a pair of Montgomerys in brown in the same size as the rest of my 1K boots. There really isn't anything you can do to lighten up the color on these. Oh and call the store if you're interested in these........;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspecs View Post
I'm not insisting i know your purchasing reasons more than you do (and i don't think you know mine either) i'm just showing you what's blatantly obvious about you're purchases and your context. I'm just pointing out that if you care about buying products for their intended purposes and given what's available on the market buying wolverine 721's for their intended purpose is exactly the same as buying heritage pf flyers because they were intended for sports when you could have bought a product that does the job better for cheaper and will last just as long.
And if you don't see that ...than you really are dumb. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't so heavily advertised yourself as though you bought them ONLY for practical purposes. . . I dunno, maybe you're just not very practical. OR as i may have slipped in before you LIKE the style which is not the worst thing in the world and doesn't actually make you some gay city slicking shoe pansy but a regular human being like all others.

And I never advertised myself to be a plethora of information. Doesn't really matter if I am or not. Just posted here because i got a pair of boots which i like and thought i'd share pictures with people who also like the boots and have them. But then again, atleast i'm not advertising myself like you do, posting random bullshit about deer hunting on a shoes thread as though anyone had asked, whilst at the same time managing to call other people shoe pansies, city slickers and other arrogant horse shit as though it matters. But I guess i'd be speaking horse shit too if i walked through it as much as you do.

Speaking of posting. if you wish to continue this wee little bitch fight which i'm sure you may just pm me instead of clogging the thread.

Oh I would never think of taking an open argument with an obvious fool to PMs. I'm impressed with your ability to stick to your guns even though everything you said has been refuted or simply is not what I said. It's also obvious you have no sense of humor. Why is it that literally thousands of others get what's going on here and you don't?

While we are on the subject of my deer hunting remark in the 721 review thread. I'm the author of that thread and I'll post whatever the hell I want in my thread. Why is it that Wolverine corporate appreciates what I'm doing and has personally thanked me for it? All the supposed review threads about the 721LTDs on the net are nothing more than basic marketing chatter. All of them except mine, which is what people really want to know about these boots. Same goes for the rest of the 1K line.

Again, just because they are marketed to the street crowd does not change the fact that they are what they are. All the garbage I put these boots through has done nothing but build confidence in the brand to that market. That's called street cred which is far more important than all the ad campaigning and marketing hype. I didn't stop there either. I took the time to show people the hows and whys on how to care for these work boots so they'll keep looking good and will live a long life.
post #855 of 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
I have a pair of Montgomerys in brown in the same size as the rest of my 1K boots. There really isn't anything you can do to lighten up the color on these. Oh and call the store if you're interested in these........;-)



Oh I would never think of taking an open argument with an obvious fool to PMs. I'm impressed with your ability to stick to your guns even though everything you said has been refuted or simply is not what I said. It's also obvious you have no sense of humor. Why is it that literally thousands of others get what's going on here and you don't?

While we are on the subject of my deer hunting remark in the 721 review thread. I'm the author of that thread and I'll post whatever the hell I want in my thread. Why is it that Wolverine corporate appreciates what I'm doing and has personally thanked me for it? All the supposed review threads about the 721LTDs on the net are nothing more than basic marketing chatter. All of them except mine, which is what people really want to know about these boots. Same goes for the rest of the 1K line.

Again, just because they are marketed to the street crowd does not change the fact that they are what they are. All the garbage I put these boots through has done nothing but build confidence in the brand to that market. That's called street cred which is far more important than all the ad campaigning and marketing hype. I didn't stop there either. I took the time to show people the hows and whys on how to care for these work boots so they'll keep looking good and will live a long life.

"I'm the author of that thread and I'll post whatever the hell I want in my thread". .... yes yr worship! what would dobby knows yr worship?

and as for refuted? more like denied. like a true politician. 2010? what? posture foundation outdone by new balance? nay i gots my heritage i do!

I know they are marketed to the street crowd. and your right. it absolutely does not change what they are. slick leather soled boots with bad ankle support. but hike in whatever you want. ... i wonder if they can get bear grylls to post about 1000 mile's on style forum.... but then again he's probably practical like you and prefers to hike in boots that are best for hiking...leather soles have never been so useful when hiking through mossy hillside! why wolverine? of all boots? i mean surely it has nothing to do with your announced use as a marketing tool for brand...not that you're a being a tool or anything. Dude you can do that in any pair of boots sandals have lasted more than 1000 miles. . . . . or is that sweet niche cordovan?

as for the sno-sealing advice and boot care advice. it was awesome (no sarcasm).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine's Heritage Line...