or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Band of Outsiders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Band of Outsiders - Page 2

post #16 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom View Post
Any information on the date? I am definitely looking forward to this.

2/16
post #17 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82 View Post
sorry if this has already been asked, but when is this going down? I hope it's not that soon...i'm in the midst of a retail fast that I need to stick to w/o exception until March

Feb. 16.
post #18 of 706
They're hardly as finished, and the colors aren't quite as lively, but American Apparel's button-down-collar oxfords (is that redundant?) are at least 1/3 of the price of BoO, and the fit is certainly slim. Both made in the US too!
post #19 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwebster View Post
Feb. 16.

The countdown begins!
post #20 of 706
Let the quickest hands win. Mine are like Gene Wilder's in Blazing Saddles
post #21 of 706
Stop blabbing the date.
post #22 of 706
anyone that logs in after 9:00:19 (PST) aint gonna get shit from the Gilt sale unless you're XL
post #23 of 706
Oh e-hype
post #24 of 706
I am just going to frantically add the first thing I see to my cart. Hopefully the first item isn't hideous.
post #25 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by work the raw View Post
They're hardly as finished, and the colors aren't quite as lively, but American Apparel's button-down-collar oxfords (is that redundant?) are at least 1/3 of the price of BoO, and the fit is certainly slim. Both made in the US too!

I tried on some American Apparel dress shirts and they were no good. I can't remember what sizes I tried, either XS and S or XXS and XS, and I remember them both being way too big for me in the chest except too small for me in the length of arms or something. They seemed kinda crap. And I like American Apparel.
post #26 of 706
Someone mentioned J Crew, and I will vouch for that.

I just got back from J Crew and picked up one of their oxfords. Looks great. I was surprised that it had a very similar slim fit to BoO, which I tried on at Barney's yesterday. I sized down one from my normal size (to M) at J Crew and sized up (to XL) in BoO.

The trick with J Crew is to find the oxford cloth shirts with the wider shoulders and sufficient arm length to accomodate sizing down. The shoulders vary by model. Some models have narrow shoulders, so sizing down screws up the look. The ones I am talking about retail for about $60 and are on sale now for $50. The sales staff should be able to help if you ask for the wider shoulder oxfords.

BoO has better detailing and better/thicker fabric. It is a bit slimmer too and looks more tailored. I would rather have BoO; actually one BoO is headed to me right now, and I will be hoarding more. But for $50 I could not refuse the J Crew.
post #27 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
anyone that logs in after 9:00:19 (PST) aint gonna get shit from the Gilt sale

unless you're XL

I'm glad I'm an XL in BoO then, considering I missed out on the last sale. All I really want is that Black Over-Dyed Oxford, I got everything else I wanted from this last season...
post #28 of 706
I too am glad that I am a morbidly obese XL in BoO, as there are scraps still available after people fight over the smaller sizes.
post #29 of 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post
Someone mentioned J Crew, and I will vouch for that.

I just got back from J Crew and picked up one of their oxfords. Looks great. I was surprised that it had a very similar slim fit to BoO, which I tried on at Barney's yesterday. I sized down one from my normal size (to M) at J Crew and sized up (to XL) in BoO.

The trick with J Crew is to find the oxford cloth shirts with the wider shoulders and sufficient arm length to accomodate sizing down. The shoulders vary by model. Some models have narrow shoulders, so sizing down screws up the look. The ones I am talking about retail for about $60 and are on sale now for $50. The sales staff should be able to help if you ask for the wider shoulder oxfords.

BoO has better detailing and better/thicker fabric. It is a bit slimmer too and looks more tailored. I would rather have BoO; actually one BoO is headed to me right now, and I will be hoarding more. But for $50 I could not refuse the J Crew.


the reason this doesn't work is because the neck is way too small if you size down, the body fits fine but you cannot button the neck.
post #30 of 706
I size up on BoO so mwhahahahahaah
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Band of Outsiders