or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Band of Outsiders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Band of Outsiders - Page 8

post #106 of 705
ps ill buy evreyones mediums that don't fit
im going to be shreddin on the hills snowboarding during the sale
post #107 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl2g View Post
my sizing varies with brand./
what brands does boO compare with since ive only purchased their sperry's?
im at size 48 in geller's fw08-09 and i guess i wear a size S in jcrew dress shirts.

I think this depends on how tall/long you are. I'm 6'2", 165 and I have some Band shirts in Medium that I had to admit were just too short on me (and it's now for sale on B&S!). I have a large that is long enough and still fits very slim, but not quite the same way the M did. I wish they still made the Tall sizes. I wear a 48 in Geller because those shirts are made to fit kind of long...
post #108 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaidiot View Post
Band of Outsiders had their Fashion Week show (or presentation) earlier today. I hope I'm not shitting up the thread by posting them here. These are from racked.com; not always completely in focus, but good.





I like that sweater and that jacket a lot. I don't know about the matching shirt & tie, though.







They showed the women's line, Boy, too, and they used Fatima from Top Model a few seasons back. I loved Fatima because she was an aggressively secular woman from a very religious background. Up the secular humanists!


Kanye was there looking like an idiot.
post #109 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Looks like they had to do it impromptu if they just shot it at The News. Still, fall looked pretty solid. There were a couple of great pieces that Mauro picked up that weren't in these photos which was kind of a pity.

You must wear things rather relaxed. I'm 6'/165lbs and I wear a M in BoO. I can't imagine someone at 5'8, 135lbs soaking wet would want to wear the same size unless they were sizing up one or two.

What size dress shirt do you usually wear? I'm hoping to buy an oxford or two from the sale tomorrow, and was initially planning to buy a Large, but what you wrote makes me think otherwise. I'm 6'1/155lbs, and I usually wear a 16-34. I'm about a 39" chest, but I have broad shoulders (18.5").

Any advice would be really appreciated.
post #110 of 705
the blue vest in the middle is great, any info on it?

post #111 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls6128 View Post
What size dress shirt do you usually wear? I'm hoping to buy an oxford or two from the sale tomorrow, and was initially planning to buy a Large, but what you wrote makes me think otherwise. I'm 6'1/155lbs, and I usually wear a 16-34. I'm about a 39" chest, but I have broad shoulders (18.5").

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Same here. I'm 5'11" 165 (im not a big guy, but i work out). I dont know my measurements, but I wear a L in Shades of Greige, the measurements of which are:

shoulder to shoulder: 18
pit to pit: 20.5
sleeve length: 26
length: 29.

^This fits me perfectly. A medium in the same shirt makes me look fat-guy-in-little-coat status. Do I need a M or L in BoO?
post #112 of 705
dls- Your weight/height seems like you'd be a medium, but your proportions suggest large. I don't know much about exact measurements since i don't even know mine, but i'd think about how you wear your button ups. For people who are mainly familiar with jcrew slim fits, or ralph lauren slim fits, i'd go a size up from that. You also may want to consider that BoO shirts are cut intentionally short in terms of your sizing. BoO sizing is hard to gauge because a lot of it is body type rather than measurements. It is meant for people who are of a slender build, not as much guys who go to the gym a lot. As i've said in another thread, if you have to noticeably size up, it probably won't look as good as you're hoping. I've met whodini, and know of his sizing in other brands (creepy in a way) and he's definitely build for BoO and is a true medium. bbslm- BoO may not be cut for you, but if you buy an oxford, you'd probably want a large if you're a large in shades of greige
post #113 of 705
Chron you mention build as a criteria, I wonder does anyone have the measurement of the arm on a medium shirt? All the measurements would be perfect but I'm afraid the sleeves might be too tight. My arms aren't overly large but I do workout. I just measured and I belive they are 13 with my arm straight down relaxed.
post #114 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls6128 View Post
What size dress shirt do you usually wear? I'm hoping to buy an oxford or two from the sale tomorrow, and was initially planning to buy a Large, but what you wrote makes me think otherwise. I'm 6'1/155lbs, and I usually wear a 16-34. I'm about a 39" chest, but I have broad shoulders (18.5").

Any advice would be really appreciated.
I'm a 15/34 with a 38" chest and 17" shoulders. You'll want the L.
post #115 of 705
I have no idea about arm measurements. If you search for my sale thread, i might have an arm measurement but i don't remember. Still, i don't know what "work out a little" means. The arms are cut slim. This isn't a jcrew/ralph lauren shirt in the arms. The arm holes are high and the arms are slim. It's the fit that makes me and others want to buy more BoO shirts after owning one or two. No point in forcing a fit by sizing up too much just to have the BoO name. I have no idea if it'd fit you or not but that was just addressed at people in general. Because as some of the threads and BoO haters have stated, BoO does have a lot of hype around it and people are starting to just buy it because of the name. Which is good for forum members i guess, because there will probably be a good amount of BoO shirts for sale after people size them incorrectly
post #116 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
bbslm- BoO may not be cut for you, but if you buy an oxford, you'd probably want a large if you're a large in shades of greige
What makes you say BoO may not be cut for me? (not being defensive here, just asking) After comparing the SoG and BoO size charts at Context, the BoO measurements are spot on with the SoG measurements for the size I wear, except the BoO is .5" larger in the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement. is it possible to have oxford shirts tailored? I have a Banana Republic shirt in a size S that fits me the exact same as the SoG size L, which according to the BR site puts me at a 36-37" chest. Here is the chart for anyone that is interested. I imagine its the same for all their shirts(?): http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=741
post #117 of 705
No. From what i've heard, the short sleeves run a touch bigger. I have a s/s pullover shirt that fits big as well. If you're a large in SoG, i really don't think you're a medium in BoO. They're pretty slim at the waist as well. Remember, shirts fit differently than 3 measurements all lying flat when you put them on your body. The only reason i said that, is that i've seen a lot of mediocre BoO fits on people on this forum and sufu and it's usually from people who aren't sure if BoO will fit them right. Give it a go though since the price at gilt will be good and since they have a return policy.
post #118 of 705
The overdyed stuff that I tried on in medium felt significantly smaller than the non-oxford (Patterned) shirts that I tried on. I am 5'10" 165 but work out and have a 41 chest, 31 inch waist with larger than average arms but a slim-boned asian frame. The mediums in the solid oxford shirts were just too tight but the large just did not have the look that I wanted. The other shirts in medium were still kind of tight (particulary in the arms) but more manageable (hopefully will not shrink else will go sale or to my brother). I bought those in medium because they fit my neck and shoulder width appropriately and the arm length was perfect unlike the large which fit the chest but too long in the armlength (my length is a 33) and a little wide in the shoulders and neck (I typically wear 15.5 inch neck shirts) and they did not have the shirts I wanted in large anyway otherwise I would have gotten the large and would have tried to launder and dry them to shrink a little (got these shirts on sale for $90 so I figured I'd give it a shot) If a medium+ size existed, I'd buy the whole lot of them as it would fit perfectly and I would not have to visit the tailor for adjustment. Also the length seemed to be perfect for what I wanted to achieve. If I were 6ft, I might venture to say that the length might be a tad short but that would be a personal choice. I would say the mediums I bought would fit perfectly for a 39-40 chest and a 15.5 neck with avg sized arms. In comparison, the Steven Alan in Med that I tried on at the same store felt like a tent. I guess I'll just have to stop working out my upperbody as much and do more squats though my kmw 1980's right now (30w 32L) are already feeling tight in the thighs as it is...I guess I can't win since I seem to be in between sizes on just about everything that I want... For poster dls6128, I would recommend a large based on his height and shoulder width otherwise the torso length and arms will possibly be too short. Will need to goto the gym to fill out the chest but I think a little looseness around the chest would be a good compromise.
post #119 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSLM View Post
What makes you say BoO may not be cut for me? (not being defensive here, just asking) After comparing the SoG and BoO size charts at Context, the BoO measurements are spot on with the SoG measurements for the size I wear, except the BoO is .5" larger in the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement. is it possible to have oxford shirts tailored? I have a Banana Republic shirt in a size S that fits me the exact same as the SoG size L, which according to the BR site puts me at a 36-37" chest. Here is the chart for anyone that is interested. I imagine its the same for all their shirts(?): http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=741
Bbslm, I am not a tailor but it was explained to me that you cannot necessarily go by the pit to pit measurement in comparing different cut shirts (or jackets for that matter) because sometimes (especially in the slimmer cuts) they pit the arm holes higher up on the torso/smaller if that makes sense. So something pit to pit in one shirt will feel much tighter/smaller than a similar sized shirt. Bottom line, the best way to find out is to actually wear the shirt since acceptable snugness to me may be unbearable torture/showing off douchebag fit for you.
post #120 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksul View Post
Bbslm, I am not a tailor but it was explained to me that you cannot necessarily go by the pit to pit measurement in comparing different cut shirts (or jackets for that matter) because sometimes (especially in the slimmer cuts) they pit the arm holes higher up on the torso/smaller if that makes sense. So something pit to pit in one shirt will feel much tighter/smaller than a similar sized shirt. Bottom line, the best way to find out is to actually wear the shirt since acceptable snugness to me may be unbearable torture/showing off douchebag fit for you.
Yea, thats what im trying to avoid. And yes the pit to pit comparison made sense. I think I will just go with a L. A quick google search made it seem like I should be able to have it tailored if it ends up being a little loose. Maybe I will buy in M and L and sell the ones that dont fit. I hate shopping for clothes online.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Band of Outsiders