or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Affordable Over the Calf Socks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Affordable Over the Calf Socks - Page 4

post #46 of 78
Just placed an order for some Viccels. Will post a review once I get'em.
post #47 of 78
I have some English-made Scabal OTC socks if anyone is interested...
post #48 of 78
Just about all I wear are ribbed OTC merino wool socks (reinforced with some nylon). I've tried BB, Gold Toe and Pantherella. The best wearing are the ones from Jos. Bank -- the only thing I buy there. They're $18, but you can usually find them at 50% off.
post #49 of 78
I usually wear cotton or wool blends, so they usually come in a size range.

However if you order pure cotton or pure wool socks, do you order the same size socks as your shoe size or does it depend on the manufacturer?
post #50 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion View Post
I usually wear cotton or wool blends, so they usually come in a size range.

However if you order pure cotton or pure wool socks, do you order the same size socks as your shoe size or does it depend on the manufacturer?

We are asking for regular shoe size and socks fit.
post #51 of 78
I just purchased 18 OTC socks from Viccel. Please be warned that they ship in 6 sock "packages." I've only received one package of 6 so far. I've worn a few and all have stayed up. I'll comment more on the quality once I put them through the wash.

I just hope to receive the rest of the packages soon. If it's not within the next few days, i'll report back with my displeasure.
post #52 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranker View Post
I just purchased 18 OTC socks from Viccel. Please be warned that they ship in 6 sock "packages." I've only received one package of 6 so far. I've worn a few and all have stayed up. I'll comment more on the quality once I put them through the wash.

I just hope to receive the rest of the packages soon. If it's not within the next few days, i'll report back with my displeasure.

It depends on local Postal services, sure you will get last 2 packs following week.
post #53 of 78
I went through this exercise years ago with the demise of quality "local haberdasheries", and have found Brooks Brothers to be a great, and consistent supplier of either cotton or wool OTC's.
post #54 of 78
Have tried my Viccel OTC's. I have always been a little wary of cotton socks but I must say that I like these. Quite sheer, in mercerized cotton, they fit nicely and feel good. Hard to tell that your wearing long ones. I've tested two pairs, both before and after washing.
Unfortunately they do slide down over the calf a couple of times during the day. Reported this to Viccel. They suggested that I might have a longer calf than normal and are sending me 5 new pairs of a longer model.
That's what I call service!

Cheers
post #55 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by amce View Post
Have tried my Viccel OTC's. I have always been a little wary of cotton socks but I must say that I like these. Quite sheer, in mercerized cotton, they fit nicely and feel good. Hard to tell that your wearing long ones. I've tested two pairs, both before and after washing.
Unfortunately they do slide down over the calf a couple of times during the day. Reported this to Viccel. They suggested that I might have a longer calf than normal and are sending me 5 new pairs of a longer model.
That's what I call service!

Cheers
Thanks for your comments.

Customer happiness is the most important thing for us. Viccel is not here for couple days, our aim is to produce the best quality at the most reasonable prices. And we know that we keep our quality as long as we listen to our clients.

We got a few complaints about length of Viccel OTCs and we made OTCs longer to fix that. We want to see you happy with Viccel socks.
post #56 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
I went through this exercise years ago with the demise of quality "local haberdasheries", and have found Brooks Brothers to be a great, and consistent supplier of either cotton or wool OTC's.

I've had the opposite experience with BB. I find that their cotton socks consistently fall down. I made the mistake of buying wool socks from an outlet, and never again. They're among the worst socks that I own. Perhaps the mainline socks are better, but the outlet socks were so bad they soured me, and I'm a pretty big BB fan. I'm a big fan of Talbott socks, and I find Nordstrom Rack a great source for socks -- they usually have a decent selection for about $6.
post #57 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt View Post
Thanks for your comments.

Customer happiness is the most important thing for us. Viccel is not here for couple days, our aim is to produce the best quality at the most reasonable prices. And we know that we keep our quality as long as we listen to our clients.

We got a few complaints about length of Viccel OTCs and we made OTCs longer to fix that. We want to see you happy with Viccel socks.

Is Viccel going to introduce any striped or patterned socks anytime soon, or do you plan on staying with solids?
post #58 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
Is Viccel going to introduce any striped or patterned socks anytime soon, or do you plan on staying with solids?

Our primary work is thicker socks nowadays but we have started to work about patterned socks too.

Do you mean horizontal striped ?
How would it be black and gray horizontal stripes ?
Do you any favorite design ?
post #59 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
I've had the opposite experience with BB. I find that their cotton socks consistently fall down. I made the mistake of buying wool socks from an outlet, and never again. They're among the worst socks that I own. Perhaps the mainline socks are better, but the outlet socks were so bad they soured me, and I'm a pretty big BB fan. I'm a big fan of Talbott socks, and I find Nordstrom Rack a great source for socks -- they usually have a decent selection for about $6.

I was just wearing a pair of BB wool argyles last night and came to the same conclusion. I have worn them probably 3 or 4 times, washed normally in washing machines and generally air dried, but maybe in the dryer once or twice, and they have already developed holes from being stretched in the ankle region. I think the same pair of socks developed a small "run" the first time I pulled them on! Probably the worst showing of any socks I've ever purchased. For $18 you would expect better (linked here: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=)
post #60 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt View Post
Our primary work is thicker socks nowadays but we have started to work about patterned socks too.

Do you mean horizontal striped ?
How would it be black and gray horizontal stripes ?
Do you any favorite design ?

I think vertical stripes are more classic and attractive. I would love to have some socks that are a solid navy color with thin red (or yellow or pink or burgundy or gold or purple) vertical stripes.

In addition to stripes, classic patterns are houndstooth, birdseye, herringbone, plaid, windowpane, and argyle. You can see some examples of some of these patterns at Ben Silver
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Affordable Over the Calf Socks