• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what are you horrible at?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following GT's strenghts post, I thought this would be more interesting. Personally, the one thing i am really bad at is poetry. I have any easy time with everything everything else, but poetry just doesn't click in my brain. Unfortunately, I have an entire course in it this term, and it is going to be rough, because I am really really dumb when it comes to poetry. I hope the final is easy.

FWIW, my father says that I'm unable to understand poetry because i have no emotions and no empathy, and that those are two essential qualities for a real understanding of any poetry.
laugh.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Following GT's strenghts post, I thought this would be more interesting. Personally, the one thing i am really bad at is poetry. I have any easy time with everything everything else, but poetry just doesn't dick in my brain. Unfortunately, I have an entire course in it this term, and it is going to be rough, because I am really really dumb when it comes to poetry. I hope the final is easy.

FWIW, my father says that I'm unable to understand poetry because i have no emotions and no empathy, and that those are two essential qualities for a real understanding of any poetry.
laugh.gif

That, and suppressing your obvious homosexuality.

If you stopped being so repressed, you would probably be better able to express your emotions.

I don't think you need empathy to understand poetry. An ear for rhythm and language and strong analytical capacity should do it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anything that requires patience

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
That, and suppressing your obvious homosexuality.

If you stopped being so repressed, you would probably be better able to express your emotions.

I don't think you need empathy to understand poetry. An ear for rhythm and language and strong analytical capacity should do it.

Well, he was obviously making a joke. I have very strong analytical skills (I spend half my workday coding and doing systems analysis) and good reading comp, but analytical skills can be strong in one area and weak in another. I have no problem reading fairly dense literature, scholarly material (whether science or arts), etc., but poetry is just lost on me. Similarly, I've always been very good at writing essays, but I was always quite a bit worse at creative writing.

And, haha, you prick. I just noticed your subtle edit of click to dick.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
click to dick.

No thanks. am not that way (no soy ****) kthxbai.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
No thanks. am not that way (no soy ****) kthxbai.

I was watching Transported 3 last night and I laughed when the russian chick in the movie asked Jason Statham's character if he was "teh ****" when he refused to ******** with her.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listening. Or at least pretending to be listening.

Al-Wahid

Reaction score
Saying no to women (except for the fat ones)

Driving at or below the speed limit

Pie eating contests

Throwing a football

singhstyle

Reaction score
I am horrible at lying.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being a "player".

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stick and ball sports. Most athletic things, especially swimming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads