or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "The Rake" magazine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Rake" magazine - Page 17

post #241 of 563
How about a 22 USD pair of Havaianas with gold flip flop tong pin ?!? (which I got made-to-order FOC in NZ fashion week wahahaha!) Hey! wait a minute... that's about the proxied price of "The Rake"

Another question to ponder for gazman...would you like to be bitch-slapped with a 100% Brazilian rubber flip flop or a Shell Cordovan Balmoral boot with cubanesque heels?

just kidding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
If they are Bata flip-flops then it is a pretty up market affair.
post #242 of 563
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the first issue after subscribing? I apologize if this has been discussed
post #243 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappledown View Post
How about a 22 USD pair of Havaianas with gold flip flop tong pin ?!? (which I got made-to-order FOC in NZ fashion week wahahaha!) Hey! wait a minute... that's about the proxied price of "The Rake"

Another question to ponder for gazman...would you like to be bitch-slapped with a 100% Brazilian rubber flip flop or a Shell Cordovan Balmoral boot with cubanesque heels?

just kidding!

It depends on who is doing the bitch-slapping. For example, this pair of gold medal synchronised swimming Brazilian twins would do nicely. One can use the flip-flop and the other the Balmoral boot. Both will be wearing nothing but G&G spectators.

post #244 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv3 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the first issue after subscribing?

I apologize if this has been discussed

Probably the same day to where you live.

Up to 3 weeks to US when shipped from NewZealand.
post #245 of 563
Issues 2,5 and 6 arrived today from Singapore, took a little over three weeks.

If anyone has any of the issues 1,3 and 4 for sale, please send me a pn, I'll pay a good price.
post #246 of 563
I want to be the meat in this sandwich



Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
post #247 of 563
Are issues from subscriptions coming from Singapore to New Zealand?
post #248 of 563
Never in my life did I expect to see the words "ah beng" being used on these boards... Has anyone seen The Rake around in Malaysia? I've checked newsstands, Kinokuniya, Borders, The Times....
post #249 of 563
post #250 of 563
Bravo!
post #251 of 563
Question about latest issue. On the first page of the photo album about 1930s Italian style I saw a very handsome herringbone gray coat (has wide lapels but actually looks like single breasted coat). The next page describes it as a Burpberry Herringbone Coat.
Why am I not finding this coat on any website of the Intrwebz? Is it Asian market product only? Do Burberry stores have different inventory than online store?

P.S. I would have contacted Burpberry, but I cannot even find a digital pic of that coat.
post #252 of 563
Got issue 5 from chobochobo's generous proxy service. Great magazine! I was expecting to be disappointed given all the hype...but I have to say it lived up to it.
post #253 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra View Post
Question about latest issue. On the first page of the photo album about 1930s Italian style I saw a very handsome herringbone gray coat (has wide lapels but actually looks like single breasted coat). The next page describes it as a Burpberry Herringbone Coat.
Why am I not finding this coat on any website of the Intrwebz? Is it Asian market product only? Do Burberry stores have different inventory than online store?

P.S. I would have contacted Burpberry, but I cannot even find a digital pic of that coat.

It could be. Burberry makes a special range for the Japanese market. Superb stuff.
post #254 of 563
Just got the latest issue. Nice read.

Anyone else notice the epic fail 'Raoul' ad for blacktie formalwear?
post #255 of 563
Burberry Blue Label for the Japanese market.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "The Rake" magazine