or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "The Rake" magazine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Rake" magazine - Page 9

post #121 of 563
i just picked up the oct. and nov. issue of of Men's Ex and Men's Precious and i gotta say why in the world can't the US duplicate the high quality of these magazines. i don't speak or read Japanese but you don't have to in order to love page after page of these mags.
post #122 of 563
Are there any US newstands that carry The Rake?
post #123 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Are there any US newstands that carry The Rake?

+1, I really want to try it out. Plus, I'd like to read this piece on Rubinacci.
post #124 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Are there any US newstands that carry The Rake?

I couldn't find any. I ordered mine from their website. It was worth the wait.
post #125 of 563
Similarly for those in Oz, I dropped the publisher a note and apparently there are no distributors here. Subscription is the way to go I was informed.
post #126 of 563
I guess I'll order it, though the shipping is kinda high.
post #127 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat bateman View Post
i just picked up the oct. and nov. issue of of Men's Ex and Men's Precious and i gotta say why in the world can't the US duplicate the high quality of these magazines. i don't speak or read Japanese but you don't have to in order to love page after page of these mags.

Japan does more than a few things well. The depth, detail, and quality of print media there is on another level.
post #128 of 563
I just did an online subscription for this, not bad at US$ 40 for 6 editions. Based on the online articles it looks ok to me.

I wonder whether they will send me the current issue, it looks good but they seem to be expensive for back issues at $30 a go
post #129 of 563
Edited. Offer Rescinded.
post #130 of 563
Just got my issues from a person selling them, and another on the way from the official website (maybe in the next few weeks?)

Awesome, awesome magazine-- looks to me to be written just for gents of the styleforum and askandy types. really interesting articles, and the photos are excellent-- the article on Cleverley is a must for anyone who owns a pair of their magnificent shoes. really cool, and I am thinking about doing my first bespoke piece as a result of the magazine. That dinner suit by Tim Everest (a slim cut tuxedo) looks like a good expenditure, split between two yearly bonuses I'm hoping for in the near future.
post #131 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I guess I'll order it, though the shipping is kinda high.

What issue did you order? They don't seem to have the most recent, #5 listed on the site yet.
post #132 of 563
Just ordered all the available back issues (2,3,4) and have been put on the waiting list for #1 in the event that they reprint it (so everyone drop them and lets get #1 reprinted!)

The subscription starts with issue 5, the current issue, and that's probably why it isn't listed seperately under the back issues.
post #133 of 563
How long does it take to receive the individual issues? I ordered two weeks ago, but I figured it would be a few weeks...
post #134 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post
Just ordered all the available back issues (2,3,4) and have been put on the waiting list for #1 in the event that they reprint it (so everyone drop them and lets get #1 reprinted!)

The subscription starts with issue 5, the current issue, and that's probably why it isn't listed seperately under the back issues.

Wow, this is pretty expensive for the US. Should we start an SF magazine exchange program?
post #135 of 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
Just got my issues from a person selling them, and another on the way from the official website (maybe in the next few weeks?)

Awesome, awesome magazine-- looks to me to be written just for gents of the styleforum and askandy types. really interesting articles, and the photos are excellent-- the article on Cleverley is a must for anyone who owns a pair of their magnificent shoes. really cool, and I am thinking about doing my first bespoke piece as a result of the magazine. That dinner suit by Tim Everest (a slim cut tuxedo) looks like a good expenditure, split between two yearly bonuses I'm hoping for in the near future.

Agreed. The article on Cleverley is great! I also loved the one on Anderson & Sheppard. I love those shoes with the red lining.

I'm sure you already know, but Cleverley are on tour now in the USA for their Fall trunk shows. Dates and details are on their website: www.gjcleverley.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "The Rake" magazine