or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FS: Vass U last NEW shoes and boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS: Vass U last NEW shoes and boot - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I wear a 42.5 in the U-last and an 8.5E in C&J. The U is a touch snugger, so if you are an F width, I'd size up one half. I'm a 9.5D US.

Shit, I meant 9 1/2E, not F.
post #32 of 53
You'd probably be fine with 43.5 or 44. The former would feel a little snug in the beginning, and the latter perhaps slightly loose. I have shoe 2, and it is really the pair I wear more than any other. Kolecho is a great seller, FWIW.
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Yes. I have Vass U in 44, 44.5 and 45. I'd say that 44 = EG888 UK9.5E or 10D, 44.5 = EG888 UK10E or 10.5D, 45 = EG888 UK10.5E or 11D

Would you say then a 43.5 is a UK9.5D in 888/82?
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Can anybody compare the U last to something other than EG? I am a 9.5F in C&J, a 10 1/2D in C&J made Peal, a 10 1/2D in Tramezza (although breaking these in is tough, as they are a little narrow for me), a 10 1/2D in AE. The only thing I seem to be an 11D in are the AS made Peal. Would a 44 work for me or would they be too narrow?
You should go with 44. I'm 10E in C&J and 11D in Tramezza so I'm clearly exactly 1/2 size bigger than you. Then again, I don't believe in "breaking in" or stretching tight shoes.
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You should go with 44. I'm 10E in C&J and 11D in Tramezza so I'm clearly exactly 1/2 size bigger than you. Then again, I don't believe in "breaking in" or stretching tight shoes.


Thanks, that helps..
post #36 of 53
I hate it when he doesn't have my size. AND I hate it when he has my size!!!
post #37 of 53
is that because in both cases you can't buy them?
post #38 of 53
A year ago all of these would have been gone in ten minutes!

When I see an "on hold" for an item I always wonder; WTF? The 'alleged' buyer 'bought' the shoes or he didn't. Did the alleged 'buyer' ask seller to 'hold' shoes so he can think about buying them? Does one need to ask the wife first? Check piggy bank? I mean, you are on the Internet when you requested the 'hold,' can you not simply Paypal the necessary funds at the same time? Write a check and put it in the mail after 'buying?'

I just don't "get it."

Done with side-note. Continue on.
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo423 View Post
A year ago all of these would have been gone in ten minutes!

When I see an "on hold" for an item I always wonder; WTF? The 'alleged' buyer 'bought' the shoes or he didn't. Did the alleged 'buyer' ask seller to 'hold' shoes so he can think about buying them? Does one need to ask the wife first? Check piggy bank? I mean, you are on the Internet when you requested the 'hold,' can you not simply Paypal the necessary funds at the same time? Write a check and put it in the mail after 'buying?'

I just don't "get it."

Done with side-note. Continue on.

"lol"
post #40 of 53
I am unfamiliar with the sizing of these shoes. I generally wear a 10D leaning slightly towards 10E; will any of these fit? Also, would I be able to wear any of these shoes with black pants (a drastically less important question of course)?
post #41 of 53
pm sent
post #42 of 53
pm sent again
post #43 of 53
I'm thankful to hear that a UK10 on the 888 is equivalent to a 44.5 on the U last (this is my recollection from trying on a U about 4 years ago). I need to go look in my closet to remind myself that I already have a beautiful collection of shoes, because these Vass are really nice. $650 isn't a price that should warrant any attention unless the shoes are really special -- and these ones really are. The bordeaux is particularly nice.
post #44 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheessus View Post
I am unfamiliar with the sizing of these shoes. I generally wear a 10D leaning slightly towards 10E; will any of these fit? Also, would I be able to wear any of these shoes with black pants (a drastically less important question of course)?

I can only say that I wear UK7.5E (EG, CJ) and U last 41.5. One could extrapolate from that. Also, Vass calf does not stretch much, unlike EG. Hope that helps.
post #45 of 53
Thread Starter 
Price dropped on shoe 5. Added shoe 6 (which is a one-off special). A lucky man will get these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FS: Vass U last NEW shoes and boot