Seiko Watches - Underrated? - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
What Model 5 is this? Love it. Also, what width band can fit on it? Are all Seiko 5's 18mm? The Cordovan looks great. Everything about it works.
Darn right Seiko Watches are underrated. Wearing the Grand Seiko leaves you with the feeling of being well dressed and comfortable to hop public transportation late at night without being worried about being jumped. Of course you might get jumped for the other stylish accessories you might also have on!
Like the colors?
Nothin wrong with Seiko Tell them to shut it!
I'm looking to buy a gift for my brother for Christmas, and was considering a watch. I'm looking to spend around $100. Hoping you can help me with a few requirements:
1. Mostly for casual wear with a buttondown and jeans so he'll wear it a lot. I'm thinking probably leather or nato nylon style band
2. Prefer a very simple but classy design (Not a fan of the super overstyled submariner watches with a zillion dials)
3. Undecided on the face color - leaning towards a lighter white/beige color, but open to black and other colors
4. Should be new, not used, since this is a gift.
A few questions:
1. One of my annoyances with watches is a loud ticking type movement. How are Seiko 5 automatics in this regard?
2. Suggested case size? He's around 6'2 220 or so I think. 38mm seems to be the standard, but 40mm and 42mm seem reasonable also. I'm also guessing casual watches run a bit bigger than formal watches.
3. What brands besides Seiko would you recommend comparing?
4. Best places to buy online? (Or even recommended ebay sellers?)
5. What's the cheapest seiko or similar that has a full sapphire crystal?
Edited by zerostyle - 11/30/11 at 10:18pm