or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Seiko Watches - Underrated?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Seiko Watches - Underrated? - Page 13

post #181 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercretas View Post
Here's my version of the Spirit. I switched out the band but I love it. It can't be beat for the price.



God that is a beautiful watch. i have a seiko chronograph from about 4-5 years ago and i love it, it hasn't missed a beat (in fact it hasn't needed a battery change either) but i wanted a watch without all the cronograph stuff just a simple one, and that one looks perfict. time to go shopping.
post #182 of 358
so is Seiko the equivalent in watches as Lexus in cars?

regardless I'd never buy a Japanese watch, still deciding about Lexus, it does have a nice interior...
post #183 of 358
seikos are great watches.
post #184 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutshirt View Post
so is Seiko the equivalent in watches as Lexus in cars?

regardless I'd never buy a Japanese watch, still deciding about Lexus, it does have a nice interior...

The high-end, Japan-only Seiko is just as good as any Swiss watch.
post #185 of 358
I'm going to start checking there every day to see if they come up with a sale on a watch I just have to try. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
If you like Orients, check out http://www.orientalwatchsite.com/

They're selling a similar black face version of the watch you linked for $69.

I've been watching it daily to see what else I can pick up.
post #186 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I really like how this watch looks. Only place I could find it was on sunnywatches.com for about 300 dollars, and I'd have to bring it in from Europe. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get one online in the US?

Seiko Chronograph Military Watch 100m
SNN077P1

all over ebay.
post #187 of 358
My 1961 King Seiko, a similar quality/vintage Swiss will run you 2 to 20 times as much as I paid for this. Been checking it against my Citizen radio Controlled and it gains about 8 seconds a day. Not bad for a nigh on 50 year old watch eh?

post #188 of 358
nice
post #189 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post
My 1961 King Seiko, a similar quality/vintage Swiss will run you 2 to 20 times as much as I paid for this. Been checking it against my Citizen radio Controlled and it gains about 8 seconds a day. Not bad for a nigh on 50 year old watch eh?


A beauty to behold!
post #190 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I really like how this watch looks. Only place I could find it was on sunnywatches.com for about 300 dollars, and I'd have to bring it in from Europe. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get one online in the US?

Seiko Chronograph Military Watch 100m
SNN077P1

Seiko automatics are cheap as hell and very good quality for the money. I have two from the SNK8 line and am very happy (~5 seconds time lost per day), and my SKX007 is in the mail.

Search eBay for "SNN*" and you'll find tons under watches. Many of the sellers are in SE Asia but have good reputations on the watch forums. Premierworld and Pokemonyu are two I've purchased from and their product is genuine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-CHRONO-WID...1|293:1|294:50
post #191 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutshirt View Post
so is Seiko the equivalent in watches as Lexus in cars?

regardless I'd never buy a Japanese watch, still deciding about Lexus, it does have a nice interior...

No, Seiko is the equivalent to Toyota in cars. They have the run-of-the-mill mass market watches and then they have the Grand Seiko, which is equivalent to Lexus. But that said, their mass market mechanical watches stand shoulder-to-shoulder with their more expensive, upper market Swiss brands.

Put it this way, I'd rather own a Seiko mechanical watch than any low to mid tier Swiss watches(e.g. Logines, Tag Heuer, most Omegas, Rado etc).
post #192 of 358
Go for the Japan-only Seikos, they're far better than the mass produced Seikos you'll find in your average US etc. store. I, too, would much prefer one of these high quality Seikos (or Citizens for that matter) than many Swiss brands.
post #193 of 358
[IMG][/IMG]
post #194 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmarine View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Sugoi kirei (very beautiful in Japanese)
Noice (very beautiful in Australian)
post #195 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post
Sugoi kirei (very beautiful in Japanese)
Noice (very beautiful in Australian)

Thank you. It really is one of, if not, my favorite watch. I just find it very elegant.. even when compared to my other, more expensive ones.

Funny you mention Australia btw, that's where I got it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Seiko Watches - Underrated?