• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

crease

Reaction score
Hello:

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with suits or shirts from Indochino?
www.indochino.com

I have heard of the other usuals such as Joss A. Banks, BB's, and HF's...but Indochino [or another Canadian tailor] would just be personally easier to deal with.
How about Banana Republic suits?

I went to Harry's the other day looking for a new suit, and the salesman tried to convince me that I wear a 36s. Obviously he would know better than I, but the jacket just fit very tight and the back did not seem to "hang" naturally and instead looked rather creased.

Anyway, I'm looking for an alternative to the $1K ho-hum BOSS suits at Harry's.
Preferably something pretty conservative for a law firm environment - i.e. dull and gray.
Lastly, I am just a student so I'm not looking to break the bank.

Thank you

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*bump* These guys are getting more press. There are a lot of things to nitpick on the website:
  • Recommending black suits
  • Photos of suits with the bottom button done
  • One of their only customer shots is obviously too big
  • Some suits with polyester
But their prices are very competitive (~$300), so it might be worth the risk... Supposedly they go to some of the bridal shows in BC, so it's possible to check out the craftsmanship in person.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I have the navy 2-button. The shoulders are a little big, the sleeves were a little long (if you remember to get your tailor to fill out a form they supply you'll be reimbursed for some alterations). It's not like Jantzen, where they'll give you exactly what you asked for, like when I ordered my last shirt 3-4" too short. They give you what they think you'd want. That said, it's better than you'd get for $250 at the mall.

First time I put it on I had to fight to get it buttoned, as the button hole was a little too small. I'm not sure they bother to check.

One more thing: the fabric was quite lightweight, and a little shiny (it's supposedly wool/cashmere). Doesn't really come through on the photos.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the fabrics and was not impressed. I was in communication with them for a while, but it kind of broke down. I think they were not prepared for this undertaking and it made me hesitant to go through with an order.

Probably worth a try.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems interesting...

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know, when i see the words "designer inspired" an internal alarm goes off and i instantly think "d-bag scammers" and close the [internet] window.
Originally Posted by Wrenkin
One more thing: the fabric was quite lightweight, and a little shiny (it's supposedly wool/cashmere). Doesn't really come through on the photos.
are you sure that's cashmere/wool blend? usually it's polyester that makes things shiny. that, or the dry cleaners messed it up.

GQBADBOY

Reaction score
I bought a suit recently - La Habana - Cotton Khaki:

Overall for my first buy from the company I'd give the quality a 7/10.

Let me share my first experience:

I got the suit within 2 weeks - pants were too tight and the jacket lapel buttonhole was missing. Buttons on the suit didn't match the pants as well. At first the buttons were hard to put through the button holes of the suit. I was given a free pair of pants a week later, because even letting it out, the pants were too short.

I sent back the suit - thought about getting a refund, but chose to give them another try. Kyle, the CEO, was in direct contact with me through the whole process. Really personable through email and communicated promptly with all the issues I had.

Waited for about a week and a half - got the suit back with all the issues resolved. The suit by the way is very well made, buttonhole installed, buttons fit properly through the buttonholes of suit. Pants fit nicely, although I prefer to let it out a bit - and I requested them to leave the pants for me to get hemmed by a local tailor. I will change my measurements for the pants on the website.

Overall - I think this a good idea, but since it's a company on the start, don't expect things to go smoothly the first time. If there's something wrong with the suit, do email them and they will definitely attempt to get you requests fulfilled. I'm sure in time they will get better at what they do.

If I had a choice of getting a suit of the RACK or from this site, I'd probably get it off the RACK, but I wouldn't mind trying it again in the future if I don't see anything I like locally.

avocade

Reaction score
I ordered a white shirt and 16 fabrics this Friday, and am pretty excited to see what they came up with. I'm willing to take a chance on these guys, since the thought of being able to quickly order a fitting suit/shirt/coat to anywhere in the world in 5 mins (after measurements are verified) on the net is _really_ enticing for a modern nomad like myself.

Anyone care to give their opinions on their purchase now one year after their purchase?

/Oskar

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by avocade
I ordered a white shirt and 16 fabrics this Friday, and am pretty excited to see what they came up with. I'm willing to take a chance on these guys, since the thought of being able to quickly order a fitting suit/shirt/coat to anywhere in the world in 5 mins (after measurements are verified) on the net is _really_ enticing for a modern nomad like myself.

Anyone care to give their opinions on their purchase now one year after their purchase?

/Oskar

I'd be curious on your opinion of the shirt. Their website has improved substantially in the last year, hopefully they've worked out some of the production kinks too. I'm considering ordering one of their basic suits. They do claim full canvas construction which is surprising at that price point. Sent them an email to ask about a modification to the standard and they replied back within a few hours (and that was over the weekend).

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxnate
Any update from those that have bought? Pics?

I bit the bullet and ordered one of their basic navy suits, should be arriving any day. Will take some photos and give first impression before bringing it to my tailor.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxnate
DC that would be awesome. I've been thinking about it for awhile, would love to hear (and see) your thoughts.

Speak of the devil, it arrived today. It's actually not bad ... it's not great, but it's not bad, especially for the price. I'll post a review with photos tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics