• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billy Reid's collection...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of Billy Reid stuff and was thinking about trying out his denim line, but I guess some of it will be revamped for upcoming collections. There was a nice pair of simple straight-legs in the Charlotte store last time I was there, but they didn't have a pair in my size (and like most Billy Reid stuff if it's not in the store it's probably sold out everywhere and out of production).

Anyone ever tried Billy Reid's denim?

JDHsatx

Reaction score
I buy the majority of my sportswear from Billy Reid in Dallas but have never bought the jeans. His sportswear is a great value considering it is made in Italy from fabrics from the top mills.

mljones99

Reaction score
The denim is great but do try them on. They seem to run a bit small to size in my experience.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Billy Reid's new store in NYC is open.
Last Friday we popped over to the new Billy Reid shop on Bond Street to check out their Spring 09 offerings and brand new Fall-stocked store. An interesting thing is happening to that pocket of downtown New York as menswear shops are opening every time we turn around. A few years back Nolita became the go-to destination for gentlemanly attire and now, just across Houston, the likes of Rogan, John Varvatos, and now Billy Reid are expanding on that draw. The Billy Reid shop, which shares the old Bowery Theatre space with Rogan (who opened up this summer), is as nostalgic and country-themed as the hotels (The Bowery Hotel) and restaurants (Freeman's) it shares the neighborhood with. The catch, in this case, is that Bill Reid himself is actually a red-blooded Southerner. Suddenly the rustic atmosphere appeared to us as more dynamic once we realized that it was, gasp, authentic.
http://content.coutorture.com/2533828 There's also a video on men.style.com about him, his clothes, and bourbon. http://video.men.style.com/?fr_story...4b0ed995817881 I should've posted this in the 'Workwear Done Right' thread as well.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SecretService
All of it is great. Stores, collection, denim. Top notch.
And some damn good jelly beans. I go there even when I'm not buying stuff to steal jelly beans and grab a free glass of bourbon.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality of their shoes and boots?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Roper boots I've had for over a year, wear them all the time in the winter, and they just get better as I wear them. I have the D-ring cordovan loafers as well -- they've held up pretty well and look great despite dumbasses stepping on them from time to time.

I actually inquired about their shoes and where they're made. They're made in a factory slightly northwest of Florence that's subcontracted out to fashion houses (I think Paul Smith uses them as well).

SecretService

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
And some damn good jelly beans. I go there even when I'm not buying stuff to steal jelly beans and grab a free glass of bourbon.

Right. That place is ******* great. I forgot about how good the jelly beans were, I think I was more caught up up with the pretty southern girls that work there.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own these boots? They appear to be a great deal at $135. . .

SirLurksAlot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Anyone own these boots?
They appear to be a great deal at $135. . .

Anyone have an idea on how their sizing runs (i.e. compared to Red Wing)? The no returns on sale items is not good so I'm hoping someone has tried them so I can make an educated guess on my size.

Thanks!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
d7059edb-a.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girl second from the right =
inlove.gif
EDIT: Also several of the shoes mention that they are cordovan, can anyone confirm?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads