• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum/Peasant "What are you wearing now" contest applications, DENIM edition

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, gentlemen and the occasional unsuspecting lady, Fall is upon us, and we are ready for another edition of the WAYWT contest sponsored by Peasant ( www.peasantonline.com )

This is a special contest with a special prize. The special prize this month is a pair of Wings&Horns indigo selvedge denim jeans. See the www.peasantonline.com website for details, pics of the fit are also seen here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=212

In this edition of the contest, we want brand new posts of posters wearing denim. We are not doing nominations per se.

Posters should post pictures of themselves wearing their favorite jeans (there can be more than one pair
smile.gif
) with a little backstory about the jeans and what what the jeans have seen. Of course, the peanut gallery is allowed to cheer on favorites. There is no limit on the number of applications any single contestant can enter.

Applications begin immediately, and are accepted until midnight EDT, October 19. Brian, Karissa and I will narrow the field to 3 after that.

The contest proper (between the three finalists) will take place the week of October 21, and voting will be for 5 days.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Added a few more pictures. No biters so far? I guess I'll be the first to go =/
sfsmall30percenthi0.jpg
sfsmall2qj0.jpg
sfsmall3op7.jpg
sfsmall4sc6.jpg
Levis 511, Raw -To be honest, they're nothing special. I just though it was amusing because my mom purchased them for me from JCPenny.com only because it came with a second pair free. They're only a month old and they're my first raw pair of jeans, so I've literally been wearing them everyday. I've jogged in them in 90+ degree weather (with two sweatshirts on). I've gone to dances with them (I'm surprised that the crotch wasn't worn away by my dates ass grinding all over them). I've wiped everything on them from chapstick to blood. I've been dumpster diving with them also. Most notable are the chapstick and wallet fades, and I can't wait until I wash them (in which I might not, because I love the dark color of raw jeans far too much).

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you rating on the merits of the jeans, the outfit, or the entirety of the photo?

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I may actually make a WAYWN debut for this contest. I'll see what I can scratch together.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
95199084_l.jpg
I only have the one picture of me in these jeans, but they are my favorite. I was able to pick them up used my freshman year of college at a now out of business store in Lincoln,NE called the o-zone.They are orange tab 517's; no talon zipper, no black stitching, just super comfortable, super versatile jeans. I don't think I paid a penny for them, but instead exchanged a couple t-shirts . I wore them pretty extensively until i began my foray into dry denim. If I weren't breaking in a new pair of Levis they'd still be my daily jean. I've had to restitch the out seam, and the bar tacking on the back pockets has long since given out. I wore the jeans to my first 'big' concert and also was wearing them on the first real date my current gf and I had. They've been worked, played, and even swam in. I would die for a pair like these deadstock, but have had no such luck. I hope someday the ebay gods will smile on me and i'll find another pair of 33-30 orange tab 517s. robbie

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Are you rating on the merits of the jeans, the outfit, or the entirety of the photo?

I'd also like to know this. Are we judging an outfit, or just the jeans?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'd also like to know this. Are we judging an outfit, or just the jeans?

Let's judge based on religion and social status.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
It's like we suddenly jumped to the CE Forum!
Hey, we were here first. You were the one who figured you could just cover over to this thread, drop your post in the sand, and presto!- question answered. If you're going to come over and post in this thread then don't be rude and try to make a positive difference; otherwise, go back where you came from.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll play. These are an ancient pair of 505's that I got in a thrift store in Fort Worth about 8 years ago. They were in pretty good shape when I got them, but they tended to disintegrate whenever I washed them, which has only been a few times. I've had them repaired 3 times but new tears keep opening up at the edges of the patches. These only get worn on special occassions now - summer garden parties where they're unlikely to completely turn to dust and leave me pantless. When do you retire a pair of jeans, anyways? Once these knee holes are opened up all the way across the front, maybe these can have a second life as cut-offs.
img0705cp3.jpg
img0706zq8.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Hey, we were here first. You were the one who figured you could just cover over to this thread, drop your post in the sand, and presto!- question answered.

If you're going to come over and post in this thread then don't be rude and try to make a positive difference; otherwise, go back where you came from.

You should be appreciating the local color and variety that my presence provides.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You should be appreciating the local color and variety that my presence provides.
If I wanted color and variety, I'd go to Sherwin-Williams. Nice jeans, Ry...uh, Baron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads