• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correct this jacket fit

Dicky Dicardo

Reaction score
I recently found this camelhair SC (Ralph w/ Loro Piana fabric) on clearance (~$100). Unfortunately, it's not a good fit; but I bought it anyway to use as a basis for determing the size I need. It's a 42R and is unaltered to preserve my return rights. Do I need a 42L, 44R or 44L. I'm 5'11", 185. I respectfully submit these photos for you analysis and comments. Brutal honest is encouraged. Thanks!

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that it would be too short when you're 5'11... but it's also too tight as your center vent is jutting open.

But the buttoning point is too high as well. It's just overall not the right jacket for you. You need to find a slightly longer with a lower buttoning point and a little more room in the waist/smaller shoulders. You get what you pay for.

In regards to what size you are, I think you're probably a 42R, this is just not the right cut jacket. Measure your chest, it will tell you what your "size" should be as the jacket number/size=your chest size.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
-Jacket length is too short
-Sleeves are FAR too short
-Shoulders are too wide (divots)
-Universally unflattering button stance (too high)
-Slightly short front balance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads