• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad water...solution?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to reasons beyond my control, I am stuck for work/living in an area with horrible water quality: rust, arsenic just below the unsafe level etc.. Bathing+washing clothes is fine, but in my book, the water definitely is not fit for drinking
I've been drinking distilled water for a while. Quite leary of bottled 'spring water' ****.
Solution? (and no, I can't move...)

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a really long hose.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's this new thing called a "water filter". If you don't want to drink bottled water, you may look into it. Obviously, you don't mind inhaling all the same chemicals you don't want to drink, so you might as well just drink your water from the shower head.
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep on drinking distilled imo. I guess it's more expensive, but it's better than drinking arsenic. It shouldn't be too bad if you're buying those big 5 gal bottles.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I looked into water filtration...lots of conflicting claims and pseudo-science, it seems
Distilled water lacks essential minerals, so unless supplemented with vitamins, it can't be a permanent solution.
Bottled 'spring water' has been reportedly often taken and then bottled from a local municipal tap.
Drinking water with arsenic+rust does cause cancer, no?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reverse osmosis water filter system

Crakaveli

Reaction score
remember that the water you use during showering gets into the bloodstream.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
Bottled 'spring water' has been reportedly often taken and then bottled from a local municipal tap.

It may be, but it's usually filtered to within an inch of it's life too.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bottled water.

reilly.jake

Reaction score
Most of the chemicals that enter your body from water does so during showers. Just a tip.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you know your water is bad? Did you have it tested in a lab?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads