• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh you mean this one:

http://www.epauletshop.com/catalog/Down Stole.jpg

It's freaking amazing. It's definitely one-sized, it's intended to fit a bit large. It folds down to the size of a softball and is machine washable. Nutzo.

That one is cool too, but I was referring to this bad boy/girl: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...t-Black/Detail

I'm assuming if she's a small/xsmall in most tops/button downs, small would be best for this jacket to assist with layering?

Also, I too am bummed I missed the tweed cords and now the brown donegal tweed in 30, but if you hit the trouser house today, here's another request to find another good lucking one of a kind fabric that you have a great eye for in a similar brown shade/hand. Would be totally awesome.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
That one is cool too, but I was referring to this bad boy/girl: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...t-Black/Detail

I'm assuming if she's a small/xsmall in most tops/button downs, small would be best for this jacket to assist with layering?

Also, I too am bummed I missed the tweed cords and now the brown donegal tweed in 30, but if you hit the trouser house today, here's another request to find another good lucking one of a kind fabric that you have a great eye for in a similar brown shade/hand. Would be totally awesome.

Oh yes, small should be right on with that. I can send you measurements tomorrow too.

With that piece, the really great thing is to use it as a layering item itself. It's about the same bulk as a sweater, but WAY warmer. It's a great way to make a medium-weight wool coat warm enough for balls-out winter.

And yes, hitting the trouser shop tomorrow morning. I'll buy every tweed in sight. I'll have swatches to show later this week

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Quick Gant Rugger Old Loom question. Based on your recommendation I'd take a large (I'm 6'3", 175-80 depending how much I'm out on my bike) but the measurements for a medium seem better for me. I wear M in J/Crew shirts, as well as Gitman--except Gitman almost always have too short of sleeves, so it's rare I find one that works.

Thanks!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Anyone have a link to some good fit pics of Walt trou, other than those on the epaulet site? Someone here must have snapped some.

Any Walt, any size? Yeah, I've got a bunch. Looking for a particular size or fabric?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
The hand on this fabric is sumptuous. There's really no other word for it. Wouldn't you agree, Mike?

That's pretty apt Keith. Couldn't have said it better myself. We're restocking Moleskins in Tan, Navy, and Olive in about three weeks!

Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Hey Mike,

Quick Gant Rugger Old Loom question. Based on your recommendation I'd take a large (I'm 6'3", 175-80 depending how much I'm out on my bike) but the measurements for a medium seem better for me. I wear M in J/Crew shirts, as well as Gitman--except Gitman almost always have too short of sleeves, so it's rare I find one that works.

Thanks!

Hmm, I'm also thinking a Medium - unless you've got really broad shoulders. Feel free to pick up a Medium and Large and send back the one that doesn't work though.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Any Walt, any size? Yeah, I've got a bunch. Looking for a particular size or fabric?
Nah, just trying to get a good idea about fit. I might be in between a 30 and 32. Probably going to order 32s.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo addicted to Epaulet right now. Just ordered 2 additional shirts there today.

I bought a pair of their Hoyts but ended up returning them last week. Decided I don't like the cut, though. Their Walt trousers and their shirts fit me perfect, though.

sidewinder13

Reaction score
Hi Mike!

Are you going to produce a size 28 of the cotton poplin bordeaux Walts?

I want to get both colors available, but only the French Blue has a size 28.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, just trying to get a good idea about fit. I might be in between a 30 and 32. Probably going to order 32s.

In my experience the Walt fits pretty true to size. I have a pair of 33s that are slightly big on me and I wear a 32 in most pants.

racknac

Reaction score
wondering what your MKII watch will look like and the price point.

chanimal

Reaction score
hey any chance your getting the gant rugger varsity jacket this year? the maroon one with the cream sleeves.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, here's a few pics of the Walts as well as the rivet chinos (which fit similarly to the Walts, but with a lower rise):
walt3a.jpg
Blue Chambray Trousers
walt4a.jpg
Tan Moleskin Trousers
2010.08.05_1a.jpg
Olive Drab Chinos
walt1a.jpg
British Khaki Chinos
walt2a.jpg
British Khaki Chinos (again)
walt5a.jpg
Donegal Tweed Trousers (un-hemmed)
walt6a.jpg
Navy Chinos
Some of these pics are pretty grainy because they're from my iPhone, not to mention that the lighting in that room isn't the greatest. I think you still get somewhat of an idea of the fit. (And yes, I tuck my shirts in.
smile.gif
) Oh, and for the record, I'm a 32 as well, although I could do a 31. I'm 5'9" and 145 lbs. - Keith P.S. I should give further credit to Epaulet for the necktie, bowtie, and several woven shirts in these pics. HOLLAH!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
wondering what your MKII watch will look like and the price point.

Sorry about that, we've got them in stock - our team just hasn't been able to get them online yet. You need a special setup to shoot watches. They retail for $700.

Originally Posted by chanimal
hey any chance your getting the gant rugger varsity jacket this year? the maroon one with the cream sleeves.

Yes, I'm supposed to get a small qty with the next shipment. PM me if you'd like to reserve one. The sizing is pretty consistent with our shirts, and the Hiker Jacket that we currently have from them.

OK, here's a few pics of the Walts as well as the rivet chinos (which fit similarly to the Walts, but with a lower rise):

- Keith

Whoa, this is awesome! Thanks for posting it up Keith. Pants Appreciation!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, are you going to be doing any restocks of the gray flannel walts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics