• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Shirts - The Final Thread!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks again for all of the enthusiasm, voting, and feedback! I've had quite a few SF guys in New York come by the store too, and it was cool meeting you all. My apologies for the late check-in, I've been traveling a bit this week and working like crazy on our Fall pieces. Everything is on track and I'm still expecting the shirts by the end of the month.

Here are the final details on the shirts:

* Both the Seersucker and Chambray will be made with button-down collars and natural shell buttons. Good choice!
* Sizing will be available from XS to XXL
* I've had quite a few members PM me with their preorders. You can do so at any time. I'll set up an items on my website within the next few days so that Pre-order customers can purchase their shirt in advance.
* The price for each shirt is $130. US shipping is included and International shipping is available at an additional charge.

Gift with Purchase for Paid Preorders

As a special thank-you for our pre-order customers, I'll include a free tie or bowtie (your choice) with each shirt. We're going to produce this neckwear with the same exact fabric of the shirts, so a gingham seersucker shirt will come with a gingham seersucker tie or bowtie. These aren't necessarily meant to be worn together with the shirts, but will make a nice addition to your neckwear wardrobe. Like all of our stuff, they're made in NYC.

Chambray Fabric Issue
My fabric supplier is pretty old-school. All of their swatches are kept in binders and the fabric is kept offsite. When I started the project, the Olive-Grey US Chambray was listed with plenty of stock. However, when I went to order it, it turns out that the rolls were mis-labeled, and that particular color was not available. So, instead, I went with an alternate Chambray from Japan. It's a slightly lighter weight and has a softer hand. I'm sure that it will make up as a beautiful shirt. The color is significantly more grey than olive. I should be able to get and scan a swatch of it within the next day or two.

Pre-Order and Return Policy

I want you guys to be 100% satisfied with these shirts. Hopefully, I can make a lot more for you in the future! And I know that it's hard to imagine how these will look with only a swatch and description. So our policy is really easy-going:
* Preorders must be paid to be guaranteed. For everyone who has PM'd me already, your shirts are firmly reserved, so no worries. I'll have the pre-order item set up on my website within the next day or two.
* You can cancel your pre-order at any time, and I'll happily give you a full refund.
* Once I get the shirts, I'll take a full set of photos and post them here. I'll also e-mail them to everyone who pre-ordered. If you decide that you don't like how it came out, then you can also cancel for a full refund.
* For shirts that are shipped, there is a 14-day refund policy (with the 14 days beginning after you receive the shirt). If you don't love it, then it's no problem for me to take it back.

Okay, I'll be back shortly with the final Chambray swatch and pre-order link. I've also got 6 more shirts in production which will be delivered alongside these, so there's a lot coming down the road.

Cheers,
Mike

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm assuming the bowties are pretied?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite

i hope not
crazy.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
button down collar chambray... really?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, the free tie/bowtie is really generous. Can't wait to grab my shirt...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite

Nope, they are "To Be Tied." I'll e-mail the instructions to anyone who ain't knowing. You'll be a better man for learning the technique.

Originally Posted by cchen
how soon will you be able to get measurements on the shirts?

I've already got the measurements for size Small through XL on my site. I'll have the final XS sizing within the next day or two - I was just hashing it out with my patternmaker this afternoon.

Originally Posted by robbie
button down collar chambray... really?

Oh yes!

Originally Posted by breakz
Thanks Mike, the free tie/bowtie is really generous. Can't wait to grab my shirt...

Thanks!

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, sounds good. For those of us that don both bowtie/tie, might it be possible to purchase (at our expense) the alternate type? i.e. i'd grab the tie, but would want to pick up the bowtie also...(assuming there are enough to go around).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Mike, sounds good. For those of us that don both bowtie/tie, might it be possible to purchase (at our expense) the alternate type? i.e. i'd grab the tie, but would want to pick up the bowtie also...(assuming there are enough to go around).

Absolutely. I'll have the ties and bowties available for separate purchase. There should be plenty to go around.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Here is a scan of the actual Chambray fabric that will be used. It's mostly grey, with just the smallest hint of olive. As I mentioned above, the Olive-Grey fabric that was presented was ultimately not available.
3505370331_0d0b144639_m.jpg
This particular fabric is Japanese and called "Sunwashed Chambray." It has a really soft and light feel, and will make a perfect Summer shirt. My apologies that we couldn't get the original color tone that everyone voted for.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey everyone,

* Preorders must be paid to be guaranteed. For everyone who has PM'd me already, your shirts are firmly reserved, so no worries. I'll have the pre-order item set up on my website within the next day or two.

This hasn't happened yet has it?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willy Nilly
What's the pocket sit gonna be on these?
There's no pocket, sorry.
Originally Posted by Brutus
This hasn't happened yet has it?
Still working on it - turns out that doing a double-variant product (choose your shirt size and either a bowtie or tie) is a bit of a pain with my website. But I'm close!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads