or Connect

Posts by thegreatgatsby

"Because I don't like walking around with people thinking I'm doing uncool shi*, because there's nothing I'm doing that's uncool. It's all innovative. You just might not understand it yet. But it's cool. Family is super cool. Going home to one girl every night is super cool. Just going home and getting on the floor and playing with your child is super cool. Not wearing a red leather jacket, and just looking like a dad and shi*, is like super cool. Having someone that I can...
For those of you who don't know what brand adjacency means... I had to look it up: http://up.mihanhamkar.com/uploads/Brand-adjacency.pdf
YRR92 -A few thoughts - first, with a DB blazer, unless it's buttoned up, there's not much of a silhouette to speak of. Second - if you're going to a formal, late night event (such as a formal dinner), you're more sitting down (eating, drinking, smoking) than you are standing and moving...and when you do, the jacket comes off. There's a photo of Daniel Craig in a diamond patterned evening jacket - walking into a red carpet event - and he looks like an over-stuffed sausage...
"AC: ...I think what makes a beautiful dinner jacket or a beautiful tuxedo is very different than what makes a beautiful suit. I think dinner wear should look like dinner wear. It should have an extended shoulder, it should have a narrow waist, the lapels should be full, it should be a little bit more elevated. So there are fabrics in my mind that I think of when I think about that. But we want to innovate too. I think of this electric midnight blue as a formal...
I have no idea what @sinnedk is ultimately trying to get at. His above post is clearly a dig at the handful of posters who were critical of this thread...but then he's toasting to all of us getting along. I love how he's so concerned that Marco might see the critical posters as "ignorant" for offering their take on this jacket, and that those voices will somehow negatively represent - and reflect upon - the entire SF board and its membership. While I don't personally...
Thanks for this! I had put a lock of stock in the name - thinking the new incarnation (in Italy) was of the same quality.
"Not really – it was just a style that I had in my head. I would just wake up in the middle of the night with ideas. For instance I carried Drumohr sweaters – the company doesn't exist anymore, but they made wonderful, classic sweaters of great quality." - Minucci's responses are pretty ballsy. He seems like a major player in a quietly growing style movement that began - as we see it manifested today - in the 70s. I was curious about Drumohr, though. My understanding is...
I see that the RTW can be purchased through The Armoury
Encore! Encore! More photos? Is the RTW line available in the states?
Given that you work out - and you're 24 - I would not go the MTM route (even with Samuelsohn), nor would I buy anything unstructured or unlined. Why? Because as your upper body gets bigger (which it will), you will quickly hit the wall - and any unlined suit will not have any room (other than millimeters) to let out...and this will be a particular problem in the shoulders. Of course you want the shoulders to sit right - but you don't want to be jammed up inside of that...