or Connect

Posts by thegreatgatsby

For those of you who don't know what brand adjacency means... I had to look it up: http://up.mihanhamkar.com/uploads/Brand-adjacency.pdf
YRR92 -A few thoughts - first, with a DB blazer, unless it's buttoned up, there's not much of a silhouette to speak of. Second - if you're going to a formal, late night event (such as a formal dinner), you're more sitting down (eating, drinking, smoking) than you are standing and moving...and when you do, the jacket comes off. There's a photo of Daniel Craig in a diamond patterned evening jacket - walking into a red carpet event - and he looks like an over-stuffed sausage...
"AC: ...I think what makes a beautiful dinner jacket or a beautiful tuxedo is very different than what makes a beautiful suit. I think dinner wear should look like dinner wear. It should have an extended shoulder, it should have a narrow waist, the lapels should be full, it should be a little bit more elevated. So there are fabrics in my mind that I think of when I think about that. But we want to innovate too. I think of this electric midnight blue as a formal...
I have no idea what @sinnedk is ultimately trying to get at. His above post is clearly a dig at the handful of posters who were critical of this thread...but then he's toasting to all of us getting along. I love how he's so concerned that Marco might see the critical posters as "ignorant" for offering their take on this jacket, and that those voices will somehow negatively represent - and reflect upon - the entire SF board and its membership. While I don't personally...
Thanks for this! I had put a lock of stock in the name - thinking the new incarnation (in Italy) was of the same quality.
"Not really – it was just a style that I had in my head. I would just wake up in the middle of the night with ideas. For instance I carried Drumohr sweaters – the company doesn't exist anymore, but they made wonderful, classic sweaters of great quality." - Minucci's responses are pretty ballsy. He seems like a major player in a quietly growing style movement that began - as we see it manifested today - in the 70s. I was curious about Drumohr, though. My understanding is...
I see that the RTW can be purchased through The Armoury
Encore! Encore! More photos? Is the RTW line available in the states?
Given that you work out - and you're 24 - I would not go the MTM route (even with Samuelsohn), nor would I buy anything unstructured or unlined. Why? Because as your upper body gets bigger (which it will), you will quickly hit the wall - and any unlined suit will not have any room (other than millimeters) to let out...and this will be a particular problem in the shoulders. Of course you want the shoulders to sit right - but you don't want to be jammed up inside of that...
Well covered. I would love to see a scouting report on Berluti's made to measure and bespoke services at Arny's.