or Connect

Posts by mgs55

Just got my 5th Ave AEs from allaboutshoes. As descibed and promised. Nice deal on some good solid shoes. Thanks!!
They would already be in the mail to me, but I just bought a pair of Alden med captoes in burnished tan just over a week ago (very similar color). Sheesh...
Quote: Originally Posted by long_knives You're all a bunch of pussies. Congratulations to js00, who is the proud new owner of these bad boys. Ah, I see. The balls come with it!
PM'd on #2...
Sniper program or not, it still comes down to how much you're willing to pay. I never use a sniper program, and rarely enter a bid before 30 seconds or less are remaining (depending on which machine I'm using). To the OP, it only looks like you got beat out by $2.00, or whatever. The winner may have put in $350 just be sure of the win. Sometimes you just get "sold" on an item (you've sold yourself, of course), particularly if it's relatively rare or it fills your want or...
PM'd on the Mabi-hills.
pm'd on the Dior and RLPL...
Well I just joined recently, but it was not with intention of buying (I actually didn't even really recognize the B&S section immediately). Having said that, though, I did buy a pair of slacks the other day. I came across SF as a result of being actively engaged in changing positions. After going to a couple of interviews wearing an underwhelming and ill-fitting Joseph A Banks suit, my interest in things sartoriale was re-kindled. A new position brings with it the need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by dr.no Your question is better posed on a cycling board of which there are many to choose from. ... of which I personally recommend bikeforums.net as a tremendous resource. If the roadies can't help you the commuters certainly can. Myself, I commute year 'round. I use eggbeaters so there's no adjustment going on there, and I use the Wind Tex shoe covers from Bouré. At 15F into a 15-20mph headwind they hang right...
Bugsy, Chinatown, and of course The Great Gatsby. And Bullitt for the more casual, "man of action," look...