or Connect

Posts by classicusa

Short of opening a Brooks card, how can one get more than 15% (corp card discount) on these shoes in the next day or two? Thnx.
I am running at about 75% defect on my AE orders over the last year or so. They eventually get it right, but lots of stuff gets through QC and passed off as 1sts. How can someone look at that shoe at the factory and put it in the box to be shipped to a customer as a 1st? How? And I notice as time goes on, they are less "nice" about fixing the problems. I ordered my first factory second about a month ago, and the only thing I could find was a stitch a little off. ...
Have them put a leather sole on it via their recraft service before it leaves the facility. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF3817C_1_40000000001_-1
With respect to the "shortness" of the MacNeil... I am a 12D or E in just about everything. I tried a 12D MacNeil---too narrow. So I went with the 12E, which felt better. After a few wearings, my two smallest toes were hurting. Adjusting the laces didn't help---that can't widen (loosen?) the area where the discomfort was. So I punted them. 12Es work for me like a champ in other 7 Last shoes like Westchester and Grayson. So you guys think the Macneils are too short?...
Like the slightly-less-formal than Park Ave look. Like this color, particularly on a more casual slip-on like the Westhchester. Shoe looks great in this color, but I am wondering what I would wear it with. Can't ever see wearing them with a dark suit. Can't see wearing them with jeans or cords, either. Maybe with heavy wool, light colored glen plaid pants in winter...that's about it. How do these shoes in this color work for any of you?
NAMOR, You had trouble with those brown/tan Duckie Browns from Brooks Bros last year, didn't you? I remember the discoloration in your pictures. Why do you keep thinking their quality will be good? C'mon, man. You know better than this...
Interesting. I have a question for the seller. If you purchased the shoes new from AE, then decided you didn't want them, why not return them to AE for a full refund? For you to sell them "at cost" you actually lose money with final value fees, paypal fees, etc. are considered. Your best financial option was to simply return them to AE. You can return them to AE anytime. Why did you not go this route?
I will offer a suggestion at the dismay of many of the forumites: Jos Bank. There is a distaste on this board for them, and perhaps there is good reason for that. However, there are things there that are a good deal. Like the shoe trees. Like the ability to get Allen Edmonds shoes at a nice discount. Try their Signature trousers. JAB is known for an "older man's" type of cut, meaning fuller. For you it may just be the answer. The fabric in this line is acceptable....
Has Ae snuck in another price increase? Noticed PAs, 5th Aves and Westchesters @ $335, MacNeils at $345, shell up $25...Shell was $525 last March, now $575.
Any facts---or opinions---about tthese non-iron shirts? Formaldehyde (sp?) is used to keep the wrinkles out. I frequently wear shirts with no t-shirts---just never liked 'em. But now I would have these formaldehyde-laced shirts on my chest/back/arms all day. Something tells me that can't be good to be exposed to this this stuff for 10 hours/day over a long period of time. And one can't help but breathe in fumes from these shirts simply because of the proximity to...