or Connect

Posts by VentsMcMahon

Thanks so much, Despos. I assume re-cutting the shoulder is only a job for a master tailor and only some bespoke tailors will re-cut someone else's work? If that's the case, I'd love some suggestions for someone who could do a job like this in the Deep South. What pictures could I send that would help. A posterior view of the shoulders and lateral view of the left (and right?) shoulder? Seriously, some of the best articulated advice I've received. Language barriers often...
ISSUE 1: SHOULDER DIP (LEFT SHOULDER) I bought a Hickey Freeman Presidential suit at a Hickey Freeman store last May. When I tried it on, the shoulders were smooth. No "divot" or "lump" from the collar to the sleevehead. Within six weeks, I'd developed a divot in the left shoulder. As seen below. The fabric is delicate; it's 180 thread count (too much, I know). As far as alterations, the Hickey Freeman lowered the collar; they did a lousy job and didn't lower it enough so...
I'm confused about the ownership of Hart Schaffer Marx. My understanding is HartMarx is Chicago-based company. But is their parent company S. Kumars, Ltd. the India company? A Google search makes mention of the S. Kumars connection as recently as 2011, but the articles about S. Kumars (and President Obama's Gold Trumpeter Suits) don't mention any affiliation to S. Kumars.
I compared the posts. The point you claim you were making was not the point you made. An unsolicited lesson in English composition may be forthcoming.Indochino is a passable entry-level MTM option for younger guys who like Bonobos suits.
Got a phone call from Michael Thomas Clothiers this week that they'd be opening a new showroom at 1300 I Street next week. Walked by the building to check it out, but it's not visible from the street. I had assumed they would occupy part of the old City Club of Washington space, but it looks like you'll have to walk into the lobby to get to it. I suppose the lack of a visible storefront will protect them from casual browsers and the Franklin Park riffraff, but it may...
Where does Gov. Romney get his suits made? That fabric looks outstanding. Strong showing from Huntsman too.
Last year, I went to Paul Stuart in New York to look at a pair of double monks with my girlfriend. The sales associate helping me asks my girlfriend about a scar on her neck. She tells him how it happened, and he starts talking about how the American military drops bombs on Middle Eastern countries and causes all sorts of cancers to people. In hindsight, we should have left. But I was hungover that morning, was having trouble understanding everything he was saying,...
Michael Vick paid his debt to society is again one of the NFL's best quarterbacks, perhaps better than before. I'm not sure Darren ever paid his debts, but it's time to bring this man out of exile and back to The Style Forum. An excellent post.
On tonight's episode of Kim and Kourtney Take New York (the last spin-off of Keeping Up With the Kardashians), Khloe's boyfriend, Scott Disick, went to Paul Stuart in New York and bought a a $3,500 walking stick. There were several good shots of the store. Disick, a self-styled "icon in the fashion world for men", insisted on taking his walking stick with him everywhere he went. Kourtney Kardashian ended up hiding it from him but ends up telling him where it was. ...
In the last three years, have more companies starting posting pictures of their fabric swatches on the internet? Scabal is still the only I have found that has an extensive catalog.