or Connect

Posts by Popol Vuh

To make it seem like I am not completely shitting up this thread, Has-Lo's new (ish, like 2 months old) album/mixtape/thing (no idea if it's been mentioned yet but search yielded nothing) is my favourite release so far this year. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does...
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 I like Illmatic. It is over-rated, though. It Was Written is a of an album! Yo Alex when's the album dropping? IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.      ...
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Your one post is more interesting than most in this thread, so please come back! Nothing to do with the fact she's a girl, right?
Fit pic on the sweater? Sleeves look kinda massive
Oh just fuck off already
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Progressive is a cop-out word. I like people like DJ Shadow (because he's smart, and he's a good DJ), and I like artists from all genres. There are genres that are, more often than not, shit or tend to be shit. Prog falls into this"”pretentious, hook/melody-less music. If the music is shit, the music is shit. It's about tempo, lyrics, song-craft, melody, riffs, etc, etc, etc. Of course, opinion is subjective, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Yes, hooks (or melody"”whether it be the piano hook or guitar riff, let alone vocals) are the whole reason anyone should listen to music! I'll give you a great example"”the reason why Play is, and always will be, Moby's best album is because he focused on the hooks! Try listening to his second latest one Wait for Me and compare"”every time it builds to a nice hook it changes and goes off in the wrong direction?! I...
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Popul Vuh: *wacking off The reason I, generally, dislike ambient (and most forms of techno) is because the genre tends to be devoid of hooks! Endtroducing..... is not ambient! You dislike things because they don't have hooks? Also you really like 'wacking off' don't you?
Top 5 in terms of how many plays they have on my computer (Seemed the best way to decide), YouTube to make it more exciting: 1. Karlheinz Stockhausen IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube...
Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Ambient albums tend to be horse-shit, imo! Ghosts, by NIN, was good. Shame all their other stuff stinks (apart from Year Zero)! The guy who said Nirvana is an idiot. Yes, Fleet Foxes and Queen suck. Mellow Gold was Beck's best album?! Then he had Odelay and Mutations. Apart from maybe Stereopathetic Soul Manure or The Information, everything else sucked or was average at best! :/ I'd also chip-in and say,...