or Connect

Posts by whnay.

We should host a shoulder rubbing event in NYC or SF
Presented without comment.
I guess the glue didn't keep people stuck to this thread - is everyone running for the hills?
Ouch
That's a cool comparison - the end of the Mina shoulder does look a little funky but not obnoxiously so. Hard to argue with the LH shoulder....
I guess what I'm saying is that if its not an option for you (and you don't view tailoring as high stakes gambling) you shouldn't do it. Or at least you should manage your expectations accordingly.
Some of the local alterations aside I tend to agree with what marco is saying - as a general rule if you are going to partake in bespoke you need to be fully committed. For me that has meant trips to Europe for fittings and, at least initially, patience. It is obvious that NsM is popular for a reason - it makes (to a degree) inaccessible goods accessible. It is not without its limitations, however, and from the pics I've seen on this thread, along with the stories from...
Interesting. Do you feel that way because you believe you lack "local" options that could fit the bill?Clothing for a long time for me was a way to enhance my travels. I guess like everything else you eventually settle on a few places that you really like and you go back and back again. Historical relevance (pedigree) always mattered to me - probably about as much as fit and feel. My theory was places like Charvet or Rubinacci would be out of business if they didn't...
What are your impressions of the fabric Choy?
I'm tired..... of this thread