or Connect

Posts by whnay.

My sense is that over time Salvatore will mature into his father's aesthetic. You can see it slowly happening with Luca...
He is such a style pimp
Sony seems to be much more nimble this go around than MS, that much is obvious. The pricing strategy in particular was a masterstroke - although I'd imagine a similar system loadout (with eye, etc) will come close to Xbox1's base price. I'm still not convinced Sony has done enough to address its wonky online interface and experience - and as I said before, this will be the feature(s) that make or break the race in the long run. The leaked video of some of the features was...
What I'm saying is that the TV will still be the center of our home entertainment, that's not going away anytime soon. I could see a time in the near future where PCs and possibly laptops are replaced by tablets and/or cellphones.
Interesting observations aravenel. I think what people are figuring out is that the TV really does matter and to a certain extent - to control the TV is to control home entertainment. Linking TV content to mobiles and tablets and gaming consoles is what Microsoft is attempting to do but in the end Google will out resource and possibly outsmart them. You can see it happening in mobile, the iphone is slowly loosing its grip. They are definitely taking the back door approach...
I agree Foo - its just a matter of time for Sony. The fact is, this might be Microsoft's last run as well. Once Google figures out Fiber the next frontier is home entertainment including gaming.
A few things to add: Xbox has a clear controller advantage Xbox has built a UI that is proven and that an entire generation of gamers have been playing on - links to friends, online content, tv, internet, etc Buying patterns in the next cycle will be as much about social aspects as they will be about graphical prowess and exclusive content: Massive head start and edge on social for Xbox Graphical edge to Sony although it remains to be seen how big of a difference...
I did, the new UI does look nice but that doesn't mean its as useful as it seems to be.
Xbox 1 still looks like the console to beat. PS4 looks wonky and their online content / interface is terrible. At the end of the day most console gamers are casual gamers and they want to be able to get online quickly and play with friends.
If the trailers are any indication - this movie makes Batman Begins look like a joke.