or Connect

Posts by noob in 89

PO-LOPO-LOWHERE YOU ATPO-LO [[SPOILER]] * PM'ers `-- All PMs to be answered soon!
What are they saying about the tennis shirt? Inquiring minds want to know...
Deets on Avengers toys?
[[SPOILER]] I've had more coffee, so apologies, and please look at this: Ralph Lauren Cotton Velvet Lady - Ensemble of Awesomeness. Lush. Mint. Age indeterminate.My entire thinking on this was that it was cool, some homie's wife or gf might rock it, and maybe eazy or spoo could evaluate the cool-ness. No size tags anywhere. Made in the USA? What is this thing!(Pics of velvet always turn out gross, but it's neat, I swear.... )Some random shirts I thought were cool. Gotta...
Who is this impostor, and what have you done with GMMMMMcL!Weren't you a lifeguard in the 90s, man? Weren't you dripping in big logos and obnoxious taste? Boooo, boooo.... H-E-R-E-S-Y!, I say. Boooo!
Awesome. You know those are ties for the discerning gentleman on the move, but they all seem to have been through a lot. More so than other brands.Anyway, I'm enjoying these history lessons, and think we should have a full-on PLaydice v. Jompso (friendly) Smackdown. Spoo moderates. I still have fond memories of watching kids fleeing the mall with these things stuffed under their coats, and I'm not sure how any one group -- gangstas, grampas or suburbanites -- could have...
No, I gotcha. I just thought you were looking for something (at least purportedly) more academic. That's interesting, though -- the peeps down here would barely consider the popular stuff as deserving of the term. (Not that I agree). Anyway, sorry for the derail. I'd also like to find some more quality options.
Yeah, tell that to the aforementioned whiners and see what they say. I just used a writer as an example. Now where is this cultural criticism that's good, but not theory driven, and not looked down on by academics? Given your examples, I just assumed you meant 'cultural criticism' in the humanities mode. (Even if you're tired of it, I'll take it).
Honestly, most 'cultural criticism' I come across is just the same ol' same ol' -- Here's a Lacanian reading of how Your Favorite Writer X is sexist that lacks insight into both Lacan and Your Favorite Writer X. But damn, aren't things tough for trust fund kids tryin' to read books, DAMN! Is there an example of what you'd consider good cultural criticism? Or is that sort of the thing you're looking for, the 'exposing' of -isms through the lens of an established...
Thanks for throwing me this bone, Spoo...Now I'll only feel half-bad about exposing you to part one of MY AWESOME CLOSET THRIFTING ADVENTURE!!!!Onto the pics, gentleman....Quickly now. I hear a stirring downstairs, and I believe that Past Me is beginning to suspect something -- [[SPOILER]] Here are some of the various labels I unearthed. I'll spare you the buckets of pony items for now (though to me, those are pretty awesome, too). My brother absconded with the remaining...