or Connect

Posts by noob

Posts always remind me of this. [[SPOILER]] .
Oh, hey guys...just a quick reminder to cast a vote in the most illustrious bi-weekly challenge! (For me....please vote for me. I have so many great ideas, I swear!) http://www.styleforum.net/t/382936/vote-now-sw-d-challenge-3-9-14-homage-or-the-talented-mr-jawnzly/0_20
Laziness overtook me, but I also had a few in the works: tween, dishy, ednoob, penance royal tea, fakethese. Guess the challenge now is to upgrade to a better, non-parody version. Subsume and resume. PS thatoneguy, could we see the riding unicorn version of that one?
I like the new wayfarers better. Where are the new wayfarers?
Whachoo be talkin' 'bout, Willis?
I put down Everything is Illuminated after the first twenty pages, stuffed with fart jokes, clumsy narration, sit-com level humor, sit-com level stereotypes. I couldn't fault him, being so young (and also connected) but I always wondered what the appeal of that book was, other than a massive pre-market campaign and accolades that appeared to come from neutral journalistic sources, rather than friends of the family...
D, that's a different font, with different connotations.
Whoah, that's great... It would be interesting to hear exactly how you guys define prose in this context.For me, the above might be a bit too conceptual, maybe more in line with theme or plot than what I'd normally consider prose. The taste and content of the imagery surely figure in, but much later, after what DeLillo likes to call the brute electricity of sound, that initial attack on the senses that your body will either accept or repel on instinct. For me, McCarthy's...
You may notice the different fonts...but surely those don't factor into life's grand semiotic equation.