or Connect

Posts by noob

Indeed. When I joined, snowman was like Jameister -- now everyone's clamoring to get into his pants.
He wants his soup.
I actually haven't read JHD, I just know Intuitionist is great and considered his best. I was less impressed by his 'literary zombie novel', way less fun than it sounds. ETA: Regarding Beckett, I dunno, I just found it thought-provoking, but shorn of description. Nothing to do with the other books on the list. I'm sure there are plenty of later or more fun books fitting that description , but I usually go for maximalism, so that was the only one that came to mind.
Are you sure those recommendations weren't for The Intuitionist? That's the good one.
Based on this information, I am prescribing that one book by Tea Obreht, or maybe Novel With Cocaine, or maybe Beckett's trilogy (thought-provoking, but without elaborate descriptions?). Or Remainder, by Tom McCarthy. Or The Architect of Ruins, by Rosendorfer. Those would seem to fit the bill.
Apologies, Lionheart! Your memories are intact -- It was actually just a stuntman.
Today's shocker: Boba Fett was a nerd.
What's this? I like the band...
Damn, that is really, really irresponsible. I've read actual journalism on the subject, and the video is just riddled with assumption, inaccuracy, and bizarre random conjecture. I'm struggling to find a way to describe the Young Turk philistine without sounding demeaning.
Oh, well that's good to hear. I just can't make these kinds of assumptions anymore, not after a few vital mishaps -- the best probably being the German exchange student I met who was just really heavily into *America's greatest novelist*, Mark Twain -- he was happy to be discussing him online, or even with his fellow grad students, but was just so stoked to finally be able to go right to the source, to really dig in and get a native's POV from an informed populace who...