or Connect

Posts by noob in 89

Oh, nice. Yeah, those don't look too big at all...
Word(s)!
All these songs without words are making me feel old.
Hello, thread... So I just got married, and subsequently, lost all interest in activities that can't be shared. I have managed to re-read Ted Hughes's Birthday Letters, which, from my new perspective, is not only technically dazzling, but entirely heartbreaking. There's this one poem -- where he recounts an early meeting with his late wife, then years later, comes across her own retelling from an unearthed journal -- where I just lost it. And then there's all the...
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I've had the same problem with retailers giving conflicting information.I am intensely interested in how this turns out...
Can anyone comment on the fit of the petite new standard vs. the petite standard? The web site seems to say the lower block is exactly the same, while the top block is moderately roomier in the thighs, and possibly seat. I assume they stretch the same in the waist. Is this correct? My worry is they'll be too roomy... The PS is like my One Jean, and I'm looking for a temporary solution until I can lose about 10 lbs and get back into them. (Going to try one size up in the...
I put my comfortable elastic waist twill shorts in the dryer and they shrunk a whole damn size. Beware.
For Malick films, I prefer early David Gordon Green...
I dunno, Alias is one of my all-time favorite books, so I was disappointed with the casting from the get-go. I was expecting a much more middle-aged and chubbier actress, not someone who looks like the young, spritely, and flashback-y Jessica Jones.That said, I felt Luke Cage was pretty spot-on, and he pretty much carried my enthusiasm for the series. Can't wait to catch his solo stuff...
Fun fact: Also just found out that Blake Lively is in fact the sister of Robin Lively from 1989's Teen Witch. (Also recommended).