or Connect

Posts by noob

Man, this is the second time I've read someone on here exclaiming the lapidary prose of Neuromancer, and I've got to say -- from the excerpts posted, I just don't see it. I wonder if this is one of those books people read at a crucial time or remember fondly from their youth. So much strikes me as amateur-ish or vague. Bits like "began to decelerate" manage to convey a handful of missteps in so short a space I just ugh I just why.... *I admit, do like tufting as a verb...
Todayillesteva, eg, uniqlo, w+h, vintage, waxy canvas [[SPOILER]]
DAVID SIMON: I like to tell everybody that the real subject of this fit pic is Baltimore. Its particular set of social problems drive the romantic conflict here. Baltimore is a medium-sized city, as East Coast cities go. It’s a stand-in for every place like it, these ports whose economies were just hammered by the collapse of the New Deal. Even so, there’s an appealing human scale to the place. To a certain extent, that old-school solidarity still characterizes the social...
16 # padding numbers with non-fiction # books that are actually useful # books I wish I had a decade ago # hopes # regrets Deliberate practice. If you've got insights as to what this could mean for fiction writing, or would like to have some, or would like to discover some, please PM.
Ooooooh, I was thinking it might be an Eats Shoots and Leaves moment, but that makes sense.
Do virgins respond particularly well to vintage rayon or something?
. My wife is wide, wide-hipped and long-waisted, and, surveyed from above, gives an impression of terrain, of a wealth whose ownership imposes upon my body a sweet strain of extension; entered, she yields a variety of landscapes, seeming now a snowy rolling perspective of bursting cotton bolls seen through the black arabesques of a fancywork wrought-iron balcony; now a taut vista of mesas dreaming in the midst of sere and painterly ochre; now a gray French...
That's pretty much it. The ER doors blew open and in walks this team of firemen wheeling a guy with some type of ornately full-sized bathroom door hanging from his anus they had to whittle down with a power saw in front of a room full of students. I don't remember if it required surgery, just my uncle's insistent laughter, my hours of confusion over why someone would sit on a door handle, the subsequent fumbling explanations, full of euphemism, and the mom's steady...
I'm trying to think of reasons someone would need a foot sewn onto their ass, but I'm coming up short. What is degloving? One of my uncle's first shifts in med school was a guy who came in with a full bathroom door sticking out of his ass. Good times.