or Connect

Posts by noob in 89

Ha, I finally saw the rest of The Keep, a movie I wasn't allowed to finish as a kid. I really enjoyed the overbearing score, as well as Scott Glenn, the scary uniforms, and Jurgen Whatnow in his magical role similar to that one Demi Moore film. Still a pretty good bit of 80s cheese, if you're into that sort of thing. Also, did you notice all of the German haircuts that are back in fashion now?
That's exactly what I did with my first pair, except I used the 'handwash' setting in the machine. They were APC PS -- a cut I don't want to abandon, because they look great. But I ended up cheating a bit and using sandpaper to trace around my cell phone to better resemble the good bros of style forvm. I'll have to check out Sugar Canes I guess...but I was super-curious about those impatient fast fade denim someone posted awhile back (I think they were novelty jeans from...
I wore my first pair heavily for two-three years and never got the iconic fades seen on the Interwebs; always wondered if it was because I washed them several months in. (btw, what is the difference between 'defined' and 'high contrast'? Both sound good!)
Anyone read Stillman's novel or the short story that became The Drop (I forget the original title)? I've been curious about these. I read about five pages of the Stillman novel and the prose just didn't grab me; I was, however, pleasantly surprised by Lehane's stories I've come across in anthologies. Based on your post history, accordion, I think there's a solid chance you'll love Stillman's earlier films (the fist two especially). And if it turns out you're especially...
Haha, well we might be googling the SVB method to make some nice Dad jeans.
That moment you get your fresh APC jeans in the mail, and your wife washes them because she knows how you love to take care of your clothes....
Whoa, at least post a fit pic as some kind of Hail Mary chance you can keep it...
Very The Dude.
Just reread Morning Glories, a 50-issue comic book series about a group of students held against their will at a mysterious elite boarding school. Often compared to Lost in terms of its scope, structure, and quantum surrealness, it's a fun and engrossing read, especially now that it can be read without waiting months for the next 30 pages.