or Connect

Posts by noob

Charlotte Perkins Gilman, that's my scene... [[SPOILER]] ^Blanket coat, dishy? Looks comfy.
Predestination was great, one of the few films I've liked this year. I really hope Sarah Snook becomes famous...
Wait, where are these hoards of plainly written, non-obscurantist humanities articles again? We must have different subscriptions. I'd like to check those out....
BODEGA 20% off both sale and non-sale items with the code STUFFED
Huh. I thumbed through it briefly and thought, Wow, maybe this is the Tao Lin book I will finally read. The writing seemed smoother, and more mature, than his earlier efforts (also thumbed).He's sort of the poster boy for one loud segment of indie lit here in the smug and lonely US. It had a lot to do with connections, internet savvy and timing. There's more compelling indie books out there -- most of it strange, but all in the same way -- if you're looking. I'd be willing...
Can't really go wrong with those BR slim fits all rolled-up like that...
Last year, I decided to wear my Visvim FBT sneakers home to Thanksgiving....What started as excitement to stunt on some country folk quickly became a barrage of inquiries I couldn't even begin to succinctly answer. Explaining niche fashion to a person who knows literally nothing on the subject is like being a senator and being asked to summarize how to pass a bill in one or two sentences....
I guess now's also the ideal time to hit up B&S -- when prices skew lower due to need, greed and sales desperation -- before that inevitable January glut, where we'll be seeing these same November sales items marked-up 1000, 2000, 3000 percent.
Ratings baffle me (see Vampire Diaries), but I feel like they almost ruin its cool elements (costume, familiar characters, original artwork) by imposing what they for some reason feel have to be a part of every show -- a tragic back story (doesn't feel true to the character), a bland female sidekick, a wacky best friend. Add in a monster of the week format and familiar special effects and it just feels like any old show. (Oh --and setting in America. I just...why!) Now...