or Connect

Posts by noob

Thanks, Matt. I agree this stuff can feel highly personal, and difficult to talk about -- I suppose, for me, that's also part of the fun. Though mostly it feels like a gestalt thing -- a work either moves you, or it doesn't -- part of my project this year is to try to be more aggressive about digging into the particulars. I do love hearing people trying to quantify their enthusiasms. My favorite books, btw, would probably annoy the hell out of someone like James Wood....
Sounds like I should be intensely invested in this man's problems.
I noticed leya sedoux was in the new Wes Anderson movie....good times. (Do it, cola bear!)
Happy birthday, moo! Trying this one again tonight. I suppose I could change into some black margiela-ish boots but oh well....
Nymphomaniac -- Lars Von TrierAnyone seen this? I have not seen this. I am about to see this.Sipang, given your avatar and your adventurous tastes, seems this one might be tailor-made for you.I can't remember a LVT film I didn't enjoy -- however, I do worry about what those fussy postmodernists will think (not the film critics, the inbred university kind who seem all but hostile to art) -- how could this not fuel their concerns over LVT's alleged misogyny? A man named...
Yeah, this is sort of what I was curious about. Excerpted, it certainly lacks poetry, so I was wondering if maybe it worked better as a whole (or was at least intentional). Faulkner always sounds amazing, though, no matter what he's up to....Also: Yes, exclaiming! Chosen for the hyperbole.
Gah, thanks goldentribe ... I pm'd to discover your thoughts on prose, found out you blocked me. I guess you were a stealth neuromancer fan after all. Random book thought: it can be hard with no IRL peeps left to nerd out with. Reading appears to be on the decline. Woe, woe....
^^Well, I guess that's OK, too...
*terrible phone pics redacted!*