or Connect

Posts by noob in 89

^^That really awesome! -- though I find it odd that for Jessica Jones, a *tough, independent woman*, they chose to emphasize her backside in all the promo shots. :-/ Also, Daredevil could use some manscaping. Is that what they refer to as a neckbeard?
I feel Breakfast Club and Groundhog Day should be noted for their sheer powerhouse rewatch-ability. The former is definitely in my true blue top ten... I thought Inglorious Bastards was an interesting choice, too; I'm no film scholar, but it strikes me as a great example of modern day auteur-ism gone right: Tarantino seemed to be given a ton of leeway, and I love how he allows each scene to go on forever, far past current standards, each actor breathing a special kind of...
It will take some hard-thinking to compile a true list, but a few that come to mind: Rushmore Kenneth Lonergan movies Most of Hal Hartley *Before Night Falls -- still a great film -- but maybe only because Arenas is my favorite novelist and an amazing person ... Truffaut's Antoine Doinel movies Those Godard movies with Jean-Pierre Leaud La Dolce Vita and maybe La Notte Last Year at Marienbad, Hiroshima, Mon Amour Mademoiselle Fright Night Karate Kid Back to the...
I remember Prometheus being presented as a *deeply philosophical* film probing the origins of human life -- and then the actual movie was like this: "Hey, I wonder where people came from." "Oh. They came from *slightly larger people*. From outer space." My mind was not blown.
With no data to back it up, it seems like there are just more movies being made at this point, and the trailers, posters, and marketing are so homogenized, most seem bad, it's hard to tell them apart, to the point where they've become like comic books, and it's years before I hear about and experience the few worth seeing. That said, I thought The Drop, with Tom Hardy, was a pleasant surprise. Kind of an understated, character-based "gangster" film. A Single Man was...
I only know him from his underwhelming iteration on Smallville at a time when that show sucked its hardest. The character itself seems like the result of some out of touch boardroom saying, Hey, kids like robot men, right?
I'd never walk out of a movie (a cool, dark place with all that popcorn is half the draw), but I almost felt the same way. The opening was a little standard and underwhelming, but I was intrigued the moment Diego Luna's character just straight-up iced his noisy compadre in service of the mission; it just felt very dark for a Star Wars film.And then maybe because Luna and Ben Mendehlson (two of my favorite ac-tors) were in it, the all-out space battle seemed like a total...
Did he show you the Rolex?
Thanks! You have probably just saved me some money ...
Cyborg?