or Connect

Posts by noob

It's like Moby said: all bald white guys look the same. I discovered this myself after going smooth for a spell, people approaching me, thinking I was someone else. Even I thought I was c4est for a bit...
If only they charged $3,000 with a five-year wait time, it would really root out the non-serious customers like this guy. What a whiner. Wah, wah, I paid for something, I want it, waaaaaaahhh.....
...and they go well with the beloved white shoes and sneakers. [[SPOILER]]
Ha, twenty books? What is that, like, a week's reading for you? What did you order? The Galchen book was pretty good! I was anticipating something vaguely European-Nabokovian and literary, but with the contemporary publishing world in mind, and I think that's pretty accurate. The amazon reviews, expecting some kind of pat resolution, I guess, scared me...but I thought it held together OK. Streetwear and denim has indeed been a reaction to impending doom; I'll have to...
Novel 20. Atmospheric Disturbances, Rivka Galchen (2008) Here's one I've been putting off for, oh...six-ish years! Time flies and it sucks. Another unwitting double adventure, except different, and recommended. The cover alone feels personalized and makes me want to hold it. And I did.
Thanks, that was very helfpul. But I see you went trom this....to this....In two weeks? Love this place. Carry on. Guess I'll pop back in when someone offers me a grand.
Uh, the college kids in this thread? Say, I dunno, a couple hundred collegiates, times $700 for a leather jacket (ha) -- $140,000 -- at least a year's wait, without interest -- did Dru ever make an extended post about this? That would be an interesting post.I haven't been following the drama; I just decided to pop-in and see what was up after a couple people offered $500 for my used varsity. I thought that was odd, especially considering one already had a 'place in line',...
^ Someone thrift this guy some new adjectives...
Are you saying a few hundred college kids were duped into funding a restaurant ?.