or Connect

Posts by noob

ULTIMATE OATMEAL: VOLUME III(Non-Overnight Edition)Previously: [[SPOILER]] Final secret step: [[SPOILER]]
Choo-choooo.....
Should we be talking about Lydia Davis? I think we should. I just don't know what to say, really. I'm interested to hear what you guys think, you guys in the know.My own take is that she's awesome, both as writer and translator. My own, slightly more nuanced, take is that she appears to have read and been influenced by some of Europe's more obscure short fiction writers -- people like Robert Walser or Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky-- who's work begins with an idea, often...
Dat silhouette, though. I'd like to see some bigger pants, is all. I realize it's controversial, but I feel the world is changing, it's big enough, now, to countenance a tepid el bert fit pic criticism. I feel it's time.
I thought in that one, El Bert looked like a blueberry on stilts: [[SPOILER]] but....OMG SCHNEIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111It's too big. You can't fight it.
Kittens
# 8-9(ish) The Shell Collector, by Anthony Doerr, and Emperor of the Air, by Ethan Canin. ....aaaaaand I've fallen back into the short story hell hole again with these guys, two of my favorite books from.....well....not the last ten years, I guess, but books I've read within the last ten years that still strike a chord. You can read Doerr's O. Henry award-winning story The Hunter's Wife right...HERE. I've also been working my way through Lydia Davis's Collected...
No, this one.
I believe it's Zam Barrett.PS are you still on a mission to dress like an American college student from the 1980s? Because that would be pretty awesome. I caught Adventures in Babysitting for the nine thousandth time the other day and was reminded of your quest... (All Ervell)..
Oh hey guys, what'd I miss?