or Connect

Posts by noob in 89

This is the one that sort of punctured my illusion that European films of era were hands-down better than their American counterparts. Remember that one scene, with the American guy? He starts speaking English, and it's so jarring -- loud and projecting, a relic of the stage. It was then I realized that European films probably weren't so much better, they just appeared that way because you didn't know their actors were doing the same thing.Anyway, Dole Vita rocks! I want...
Some cool sunglasses have just fallen into my lap -- finally, finally. Thing is I just got caught up on all my sunglasses needs. (All I need now are some vintage WHITE VUARNET SUNGLASSES. Do you have them?) Soooo: Possibly available, first to THRIFT HOMIES in need of HOOKING UP. (Have you sent me something cool before? Are you a cool dude to whom I could say, Thx, bro. I owe you one! ) , and then, more generally, for the 'usual trading pro-cedures', I guess: Ray Ban...
Whoah, very nice! Yeah, that's it. Anything with that outer tag at the hem would qualify, I think. Those were the early, 'nicer' shirts from mid-80s, back when it was seen as more of a designer brand, and sold at places like Bloomingdale's. (Obviously, I'm not an expert, and would also like more info -- including when they stopped making that tag).The happiness thing I was just joking about. That was in reference to the jelly-inducing Bones Brigade shirt that PLaydice...
1. Anyone like or know anything a out vintage Puma sneakers, get at me. Puma Touring or Touring S II. Tagged 43, I think. (Web photo). Can't find anything about 'me except they look neat and old. Perfect example of something I have to grab that will probably my sit for years in The Pile OO. 2. Humanoids comic fans/collectors, I found a big thingie by Giraud copywrite 1974. Rare. In French. Might proxy for someone who collects them. Otherwise...thinking about buying...
Matt, have you read his collection yet? I think it's called Pump Six. I was wondering how it compares to the Wind-Up Girl, which I couldn't get ahold of immediately. I was at once very stoked to get a solid lead on some science fiction -- an unfamiliar genre -- but also sort of disappointed. I'm not sure whether that disappointment stems from the author, or from science fiction tropes in general.I find his ideas interesting. His general, environmental slant, that's okay....
Seriously -- holy shit! -- I needed that.
I love you.
Pretty sad, really. In a recent interview, he said he's been taking every piece of crap movie offered to him since the death of his wife, just to stay busy.