or Connect

Posts by mrclam

More pictures
Quote: Originally Posted by Unregistered What are your initial impressions on the quality and fit of the Zee's? Damn you guys. Making me spend money when I head back to HK... Initial impression is that the fit is really good. For those who want a goodyear welt, that is Zee's goodyear welt - the stitching on the sole doesn't look great(i'll try to take some better pictures tonight). Quality of the shoe is a different story. The line on the...
Picked up my zees today, put them next to my audleys for comparison. Sorry for the grainy cell phone photos!
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Bad title. It's an old trick worth doing when you're traveling, but for home use get a Jiffy steamer or one of the other brands. There are a lot of threads on this topic. Don't remember where the thread was, but I recall a thread that pointed out that using steam on wool suits is not the best idea, and cause your suits to lose their shape prematurely.
Fishball, if you have any sources for dainite, would be grateful if you could share! I went to zee's today and asked them to replicate the EG Berkeley on the 202 in black, will post pictures when they finish.
Quote: Originally Posted by pg600rr That isnt what I said, I said they dont deduct 20% VAT, I was wondering why, if VAT was raised to 20%, they still deduct the old 17%. post above answers your question.
Quote: Originally Posted by JTA I prefer not to comment on the price subject as different businesses have different pricing strategies and cost structure. If I find the price is unreasonable for the budget then I will just move on to find a better alternative however if I don't mind paying the price then I will stick. Simple as that. Agreed, we can theorize about why this or that happened, but at the end of the day, we have to vote with our...
Quote: Originally Posted by RogerC Although, could someone enlighten me as to why you would want to discourage CMT? Look at the numbers: let's say my cost as a tailor to change a length of cloth into a coat is 1000, and I use cloth worth 500. Markup on both, 50% Total cost: 1500, profit:750, customer pays 2250. Now let's say customer brings own cloth. I lose the 50% markup on the cloth, so I raise my markup for the tailoring: rather than 1500, I charge...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Did prices remain the same over there? close enough, 5k. i didn't expect yao to go up so dramatically.
thanks fishball, guess its going to be y william yu for me.