or Connect

Posts by mrclam

my shoes since joining SF have been: 1) C&J Audleys in dark brown 2) Zee's Black black captoe, basically like the EG berkeley 3) Alden NST #8 Aberdeen (a gift) I'm looking at getting a shoe with rubber soles(not sure what style yet), wingtips, loafers, and double monks in the future. If I were to do it all over again, I'd probably do the same thing, except I'd get rubber soles instead of leather on the zee's. I definitely agree that having 3 nicer shoes would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by forStyle +1. Most of the Asian parents I know came as graduate students or went into research positions. They are a studious middle class group. Many were farmers' children who excelled academically and went to elite universities. The Old Wealth and power stayed in China. ie http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=186323 Not my experience, the old power and wealth had that stripped away during the cultural...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unregistered For those who recently purchased shoes from Zee, how long was the turn-around time? 1.5 weeks from walking into the store the first time, took them 2 days to get me a fitted shoe, and then seemed like 7 working days after that to get the shoe itself.
Quote: Originally Posted by randallr I have some fabric left from the large stock of Kiton fabric that I bought around Christmas. Here are some pieces I have left. All are 2 meters and prices include shipping CONUS. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks! 1. Cashmere Plaid $150 Amazing hand on this fabric but it's very hard to photograph 2. Cashmere Green Herringbone $150 Another amazing fabric-surprised I still have this 3. Navy...
Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye 800 dollar WW Chan suits in 2010? Either he's dead wrong, or the iGentry has really inflated that market. he's very wrong, they were 1200 for entry level cloth at the end of 2010.
Quote: Originally Posted by either/or -here's an informative post. thanks for that! even more confused now, according to that calculation for english sizes, i should be a 7.5! i think i might have to follow that advice to make a note of how i fit in various lasts/makers...
I've been wearing size 10-10.5 for basically all my adult life, and never really had nice dress shoes. However, upon getting my first pair of C&J handgrades, I tried a bunch of different sizes, and found that a size 8 - 8.5 UK would be a tight fit, depending on how thick my socks were. I recently tried a brannock device, and found that my shoe size was a 9.5US between C and D widths. I'd been led to believe that UK sizes should be roughly half a size smaller, but I seem...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith I've seen it done many times, with pin stripes that is. Thanks for the great photos otherwise, Eric. Always a pleasure to see your company's work. Believe on english cut, Tom Mahon specifically says that a lot of suits that do have matching strips do not fit the wearer very well.
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 I thought William Cheng is a pretty decent tailor. I think the construction was ok, but the fit was horrible. Over time, I'm sure it could get better, but I don't plan to have too many suits, so I don't want to bother with too many $400 experiments.
I had a suit MTM from william cheng in tst. I also had a couple shirts made at 270 hkd each(around 35usd). I hated the fit of both the suit and the shirts and no longer wear the suit or the shirts. (weekly wearing of the shirts wore them out after 6 months) I moved on to jantzen, and now peter lee for shirts. Will be using gordon for suits in the future. take fishball's advice, you get what you pay for - increase your budget or buy fewer things/get nicer quality. ...