or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

No, it's not. The Macan is essentially a rebadged Q5, while the Tiguan was dressed up to be the Q3. If you look at a comparison of the four you'll see that the exterior measurements of the first two are always within an inch of each other, as are the latter two.
Good question. There's one major difference between BMW's M vehicles from MB's AMG and Audi's S/RS vehicles, probably owing to a difference in philosophy of high-performance cars: BMW's M models come as RWD-only, no X-drive variant, while MB and Audi outfit all of the four-door AMG and S/RS models with AWD standard (besides the V12 S65). All of the luxury wagons offered in the US (MB E350/63, BMW 3, Volvo V60, Cadillac CTS) have AWD as standard or optional and only...
I haven't driven it (so perhaps that disqualifies me right away), but this is the internet, and therefore a great place to get opinions based on things other than actual experience . With that disclaimer out of the way, I'd probably avoid because I don't think a Porsche was meant to have four doors or a front-mounted engine.Were it me, I'd first look at the Audi Q5 range (on which I suspect the Macan is based and/or shares many components), given that it should be fun to...
I agree on the Infiniti brand in general. At the lower end, they do make very well equipped vehicles for the money. In the $35k luxury marque category Infiniti and Volvo are probably the best equipped for the money, with Mercedes and BMW at the bottom and Audi and Lexus in the middle. They are also fun to drive. However I cannot stand the styling of the Q80; it looks like it's trying to appeal to a really down-market crowd that thinks the flashier it is the better and the...
I don't know that the Infiniti is prices out of the market when considering its principle rival, the Lexus LX, starts at over $80k. That said, I hate the styling; looks like a lot of cheap aftermarket kit that's been tricked out for a rap video. I really wish that the Nissan Armada would be based on the Patrol instead of that monstrosity.There's also the Armada. But maybe you're not in the US? Didn't think Patrol was available here.
How did you leave it with them before the repair was made? Did you specifically give permission to do the repairs they did? Did you leave it vague (as in 'do what you have to')? Or did you tell them you wanted to be consulted prior to repairs being performed if they fell outside certain parameters?If they performed an unnecessary repair without consent then you may be able to take legal action if they attempt to charge you for it.
This thread got me thinking: I think the best "car year" of my lifetime was 1998 as it was the only year when all of my all-time favorite versions of the following were in production simultaneously: Mercedes Benz W140 S Class Range Rover P38A BMW E39 5 Series Jaguar X308 XJR Mercedes Benz W210 E55 Audi D2 A8
My leather and wood comment was about the use of more modern looking materials today and the fact that there was something unmistakably British about the older ones. Same goes for older Jaguars and RR/Bentley cars.And my favorite Range wasn't the original sport, rather the previous generation, which was about the same size and I believe the last one designed pre-BMW. The original sport is just my favorite modern one.
I love the old RRs, that were made from about 95-02; best looking SUV ever in my opinion. Also from when there was no substitute for real leather and wood for interiors, as opposed to today's metal and touch screens. Abysmal on road performance (sub-200 HP from an ancient, Buick-derived V8 on the base model) and dreadful reliability, but nothing else had that combination of presence, subtlety and authority, its stateliness was rivalled only by the S-class of the same...