or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

No, that just makes you a dick. I don't think that those who can't afford $50k and up cars are the "trailer park" crowd universally. In fact, I doubt that crows even takes their cars for service at the dealership. And does this mean that if your local MB dealer suddenly started selling Kia as well, and didn't properly isolate the two, that you'd go elsewhere? You'd better hope that the rest of the crowd at your service department doesn't start thumbing their noses at you...
I think that's a little harsh/overly elitist point of view. I don't think people really care about who they "share their dealership with" nearly as much as they care about the perceived status of the vehicle they are driving. And that's all about whether those little shitbox cars make 7 Series drivers somehow think they are driving a lesser car. But, dealership space is shared all the time (since many dealerships have multiple cars, at multiple price points).Should...
Ha! You must have been typing this just as I was editing mine above .I'm also curious whether the regulations separate out regular passenger cars from commercial vehicles (such as livery cars). Now that the DTS and Towncar are history, I see more and more limo companies making the Suburban and Escalade their vehicles of choice.Guess that's why Jaguar and Land Rover had to downsize so many cars to V6 engines and even Volvo is downsizing its FWD cars to I4s from I5s and I6s;...
Why are they not impacted in the same way, is it because they don't also make monstrous V12 machines and unbelievably fast and powerful sportscars?I didn't mean to imply that all of those would start making little crap boxes, just that everyone is downsizing, likely in the name of fuel economy, and it seems to be killing the V8 among other things.ETA: Forgot about the fact that the ones you mentioned are also part of large conglomerates that produce lots of small cars too....
Is it a really bad looking car or just a really bad looking BMW? There have been a bunch of cars over the years that I thought were decent enough looking cars, but just a sorry excuse for the marque they were representing. The current Jaguar XJ comes to mind in a big way.
Sadly I think the above is accurate. Was realizing today that just a few short years ago, the mid-range (~$50-70k) car from every luxury maker (other than Acura) offered a V8 in non-tuned (AMG, M, S, etc.) form. That included the BMW 5 Series, Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6, Cadillac STS, Lexus GS, Infiniti M (replaced by Q50), Lincoln LS (now MKS) and Jaguar XF. Today, it's just BMW (at least in the US).
It looks like the Ford C-Max meets the restyled MB GL. Not sure why they went this route as opposed to their own version of a car like the Volvo V40. This thing sucks.
I will if I'm going to wear them more casually, such as with jeans and a sport coat. For a dress shirt, worn with a suit, I wouldn't, but then again I'm less concerned with opaqueness since I don't mind an undershirt as much (can't stand the look of one sticking out under an open-collar shirt.Those CM shirts would probably do nicely for my purpose, since the collar won't ever be closed (meaning exact neck sizing and collar style are largely irrelevant).However, I see...
If you're not already signed up, try My Habit (Amazon's version of Gilt). As I mentioned, they often get Ferragamo horse bits at decent discounts, which I think of as both a better quality and more prestigious shoe than Gucci: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept=men&sale=A1320CRHV1M69C&asin=B00NGBSE62&cAsin=B00NGBSIXQ&qid=1423449199&sindex=12&ref=qd_men_eb_1_12
Thanks, will check them out!