or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Sure, my point was just that the model alone doesn't mean much in terms of the owner's financial situation given the range of cars out there with that designation. But of course there are deadbeats out there in all socioeconomic brackets.
In which case we may, from that driver's POV, be talking about a $35k car for an 08/09), not a $150k+ car. Big difference.
Ah, got it. I wouldn't even bother with cummerbund removal since it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation (either folks see the back clasp of the cummerbund or they see the brace attachments and the awkward "studs to buttons" and "bib to smooth" transitions on the shirt).
I thought it was an S Class AMG, which could be an S63, S65 or even the old S55 (so not necessarily a brand new ride by any stretch).
Well, I'm a braces guy myself, whether black tie or a regular suit. If the event is formal enough to warrant black tie it may be too formal to go in shirt sleeves, but I'm not sure exactly what kinds of events you're talking about. I actually don't mind people seeing my braces when I remove my suit jacket but tend not to remove my DJ since people will see the back clasp of the cummerbund as well as undershirt sleeve lines.However, if jacket removal is just part of your...
Typically one would wear a cummerbund (in black or burgundy, depending on tie choice/event) with a white DJ. The white DJ was intended for use in warmer climates, hence why one might want to avoid the extra layer of a waistcoat.I also think that a waistcoat looks a little out of place with a pleated shirt, and a black one (which is really the only option here, IMO) just doesn't look quite right with both a white shirt and jacket.
The C&J are nice, though they are a bit too thick and clunky for my taste (though I realize they are a somewhat more casual shoe). That doesn't diminish their quality in the least, though. Interestingly enough, the English RL shoes don't seem to sell for much, if any, more than the manufacturer's own brand shoes. The other stuff seems to sell for a larger markup due to the RL branding.Not sure which Italian shoes are the Sassetti ones, but I do have a pair of RLPL Italian...
Not great shoes, though not bad at $212 if they fit and are comfortable. Those would be the equivalent of Black Label (which they don't really use for shoes) and part of the line that retails for like $5-800. The quality will be a step-and-a-half below the Purple Label Italian shoes (which themselves are a step below the English ones). I've bought from that line before (I have three pairs of suede drivers) and think they're fine when had under $150-200.So, in a nutshell,...
Quality, unfortunately, all depends on who made the shoes. They pretty much all retail from $1,000-1,400 (other than boots or exotic skins) but there are at leas three or four different makers and their qualities differ. For example, even though they may often be the same price, the English shoes are way better than the Italian, and even within the realm of the English-made variants, there are several makers, of which EG is the best.
Good catch. My guess is that they are neither counterfeit, nor exactly what they are purported to be. I've never seen an RL shoe (or other product, for that matter) that had both the "Ralph Lauren" script and "Polo" stamped on them. Those two things represent different brands. My guess is that those are not the original insoles and someone (whether on purpose or without thinking) put a pair of EG insoles into a pair of Polo shoes. The fact that the branding inside the shoe...