or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Not sure I fully understand? Are you talking about a true protection car, up-armored by a third party? If so, I'd have thought the lower profile of the Land Cruiser would be desirable.
I wasn't actually thinking about how the LC is equipped vs the LX, more about a Camry with all the options vs. the ES or loaded Highlander vs. the RX. However, you bring up a very interesting point which is that, if the equipment level on the LX is noticeably higher than that of the LC, why such a small difference in price.Similarly with the dealership/ownership experience; if it's that much better, why pay almost as much for the LC? All this gets back to my real point,...
I have one DB suit and I love it. Quite badass, IMO, especially when cut with more modern proportions.
The exact reason you cite to offer both at their current prices is the exact reason I wouldn't. In my mind it creates some brand dilution in the broader marketplace because it contradicts the idea that a Lexus is such a large step above a Toyota. In reality, when you have comparably equipped models, there's not a huge price difference, but on the Toyotas, much of that equipment is optional or not available on base models (such as six-cylinder engines on the Camry and...
Why does Toyota still offer the US models of the Land Cruiser and Lexus the LX? With only a $3k price difference (or less than 4%) is there really a point? Contrast that with the other models common to both ranges, the Camry/ES and Highlander/RX and there's a much wider price (and presumably feature) discrepancy. And, on top of that, Toyota offers the Sequoia, which is the same size category as the Land Cruiser but a dramatically lower price point. Contrast that with what...
Well, "back in the day" when standards were a bit different, I think that the DB suit had more need for the waistcoat than the DB DJ. Why? Because back when braces were considered "underwear" one could probably only remove their suit coat if they were wearing a waistcoat. So, most suits probably would have been three-piece variants. At no time has it been considered acceptable to remove one's DJ, so no need. Also, with a DB suit and typical suit waistcoat, the waistcoat...
No need for AWD; a Prius is best left up on blocks and used for the sole purpose of letting kids play in and pretending they are in a futuristic spaceship. I rode in one recently and the dash totally reminded me of what early 90s movie set designers were thinking when they had to design a futuristic spaceship.
I think that's why, by law, all trunks must be openable from the inside, even when locked. That would seem to eliminate the safety concern, unless you're thinking of a different one than I am.In my case, the maid has a driver, so that she can go out and get the groceries and run other errands. Doesn't leave me much need to go out. Of course, I didn't spring for a V12 powered car for this purpose.
Let me clarify my experience. There are often deals that allow one to book with Amex plat and receive an upgrade, though not actually booking via Amex (I recall getting an offer from Marriott/Ritz about this some time ago). One books directly through the hotel or a particular website link with Amex and gets a discount/upgrade. However it's not possible on those to combine with another discounted rate, like a corporate rate.I have had some luck with the travel folks from...
That was the plan, but I'm a "go with the flow" kind of guy I suppose...Now, back to the cars...