or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Not quite. They are an additional 40% off, bringing them down to $335, or about 70% off. I now have a pair on the way .
Assuming you're talking east of the river (museums, stadium, etc) then it's been decent for quite some time. It's as you go west that I consider it more of a boundary point.When I was first learning Chicago (mid-90s) I recall being told that one didn't want to go much south of the Loop and the West Loop was really a dump. Today I consider Roosevelt and the surrounding area perfectly safe for someone who knows the area, knows big cities and knows when to stop walking...
Seek and ye shall find:http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-sport-and-casual-shirts/Sky-gingham-check-non--iron-extra-slim-fit-shirt?q=usddefault||cv024sky|||||1862,||||||||The extra slim is probably similar to BB extra slim albeit perhaps a tiny bit larger in the chest and narrower in the waist for any given size. No experience with the 'regular' slim fit from either.
I'd say that if you're north of Roosevelt, east of Western and south of Lawrence, it's pretty safe. It's when you get south of the South Loop, into the far West Side and the extreme northern end of the city that you get into some bad neighborhoods. That being said, in a big city you should always be careful but the violence you see in the news will predominantly be outside the perimeter I mentioned. I'm sure that my perimeter is also quite conservative, but those happen to...
That's what I've been wondering!!Probably because, back when I was first learning Chicago and its shopping, M&S was in a neighborhood you didn't go to alone and unarmed...
Thanks, will definitely have to check it out! Not sure whom you dealt with at Syd, but the guy I go to there is definitely a class act and I'd always go back to him. Not sure about the other guys since my only interactions with them have been "Hi, where's Gary? Thanks".
Will definitely have to check it out! Do they also have semiannual sales, or is it just always the discount off retail? How would you compare their selection to Syd Jerome (which I've come to consider the standard of menswear in Chicago).
That may be true. I'd say that you will see some stores with great character but the merchandise will likely be similar. Probably the best stores for character are Paul Stuart (both locations), Syd Jerome, Macy's (State St.), Barney's and RL. Anything in particular you're trying to find in terms of articles of clothing or brands?Also, if you're a cufflink guy, there are some good places to find vintage links, both in the jewelry district/Loop and Gold Coast, though I...
Wow, how did I never know this one?!?! Used to go right by there when I lived in the West Loop and shopped at the South Loop Whole Foods. Will need to check that out! Are most of the higher end lines in there as MTM-only, or do they have a lot of high end OTR suits/shirts too?
Depends on what you're looking for. If suits are your aim, then Syd Jerome in the Loop is as good as you'll do pretty much anywhere, and it wouldn't shock me if they had the tail end of their sale going on. Their shirts and shoes aren't quite at the same level as the shoes, though, IMO. Oak street is very nice and has Tom Ford, Paul Stuart and, at the end, Barney's, in addition to Church's, which has already been mentioned. In the Loop, in addition to Syd Jerome and some...