or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

They have them:http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/formal-5388/product/1020923274-martin-greenfield-tuxedo-pantsBut their tuxedos all appear to be satin-faced. Out of curiosity, why does it matter, is your ivory jacket not self-faced? I also ask because the tie you're sporting in the pic looks like satin.
Oh, and another thought on the subject: check Gilt, they sometimes offer Martin Greenfield tux trousers in their suit/formalwear section (the one that's always there, not the ones that rotate in and out).
That's probably the way I'm leaning. Esp. since technically it's three shades of blue (suit, facings, tie/cummerbund). I'd even be OK if it didn't match entirely but was still dark enough. Problem is that most blue ties are navy or lighter.
How does one tell on their shoes (only way I know for sure is the nail patterns on the heel), out of curiosity? I'd been under the impression that EG made all the $1k+ English shoes for RL but sounds like I was mistaken.ETA: And, by the way, looked on Google Images, and you're absolutely right about who makes which; found shots of the sole which confirms.
I believe these are EG:http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41607096&cp=2943767.2018030&ab=ln_nodivision_cs_shoes&view=99&parentPage=familyhttp://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31682056&cp=2943767.2018030&ab=ln_nodivision_cs_shoes&view=99&parentPage=family
That is true. However, I view something like orange suede loafers a bit differently: nobody wants it at retail because (for most of the world) in order to justify paying full price one must know they'll get a lot of wear out of something and that it will be an enduring style. That's why H&M can sell such out-there stuff; because people know it's disposable and if it looks dated in a year then so what.
That would seriously defeat the purpose of buying on sale, now wouldn't it?And there's no way that would come out looking better than simply wearing a black bow with dark midnight facings...
I bought it in a B&M store, so I walked through. They didn't have anything, unfortunately. Problem is that there don't seem to be enough midnight tuxes with midnight facings out there to justify offering nearly as many midnight tie options.
Sure, they're more than fine with shorts. Anything in khaki, white, stone or even navy. While most Americans would agree with you regarding temperature, I'm not sure whether where you're going will be somewhere that people go out at night in shorts or not. If not, perhaps invest in some linen pants in one of the above colors?Oh, and to answer your other question: I went super, super loud/bright/out there with my loafers - one pair is chocolate brown, the other is sand
Recently bought a new tux and went with navy/midnight. The facings are really, really dark blue, not quite black, which has me wondering: What do I do regarding tie/cummerbund? Can't decide if I try and find the closest possible match, knowing that it'll never be exact (this was RTW so no opportunity to have matching ones made) or just go with black. I feel as though black can't be "wrong" but that the perfect shade of midnight would be somehow better. Nobody seems to...