or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Great car if one needs a smallish SUV, but I'm biased as a Volvo man myself (S60 T5).Maybe some of the diesels will make it here eventually, to compete with the Audi/BMW/MB offerings. I'm just a little disappointed that the venerable I5 and I6 gasoline engines are on the way out. They can still be had in the AWD models, but I think of those as some of the most reliable, durable engines out there, particularly the I5, which has basically been around with few major changes...
+1 (well, technically, +20). Off the top of my head, and in as best order as I can:Color (applies mostly to blues; can't be too blue)Single button (if single-breasted)Lapel type (peak is my favorite)Tie (color, material, that it be self-tie)Proper waist covering (I prefer cummerbund)Proper facings (entire lapel, trouser piping)Flat-front trousers (personal)Loop-less waistband (tabs, brace buttons or both)Shirt cuff (must be double)Shirt front (matter of preference; I like...
So from the looks of things, it would seem that most of the high end makers today probably use the second method, while few use the third. Probably explains why I hate patent leather shoes and wouldn't wear any that are in budget with a tuxedo; they look like plastic. Those Lobbs are quite beautiful, though, and definitely aren't what I think of when I think of patent leather.For the sake of budget (and looks), though, I'd rather have one exceptionally nice pair of black...
I'm assuming C&J wouldn't use imitation garbage in its shoes, but perhaps I'm mistaken? Are you saying that the shoes themselves today are made of synthetic material, or that the leather is covered with a synthetic, vs. the original method of creating patent leather?http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503461695&cgid=mens-dress&index=1
The one thing I would say, though, is that it can only be easier to reach the third row if you go for an SUV with captain's chairs in the second row. Or hope that someone revives the rear-facing third row (like in my mom's '88 Volvo station wagon). So much fun to ride in the way back seat as a little kid...What you really need, though, is a rear door system like the doors on the Toyota FJ's doors, or the original pickup truck crew cab doors. Rather than three sets of...
A more rugged appearance and much more rugged history, perhaps. I also think that Ford's latest designs are really something, while the latest Highlander appears over styled for my taste; new one looks a bit like a Dodge Durango on estrogen...The Ford is also roomier inside, comes with 2nd row captains chairs and has far more trunk space when all seats are upright. The one thing that could potentially swing me towards the Highlander, though, is that I think it has a...
Ah, now "Legoland" makes sense (my absolute favorite activity as a child; could keep me busy for HOURS)!Must be different specs for vehicles there vs. here. AWD seems to be something that automakers are starting to feel they need to have as standard (or at least optional) in the US market, as so many more of them are available than ever before. Used to be that it was Subaru and Audi that offered most of the AWD cars here (BMW and MB had a couple, but they were absent from...
Where do you live? For the 2015 model year in the US market, every four-door AMG comes with 4MATIC standard, aside from the S65. This is relatively new, however, and I believe previously there were issues mating such powerful engines to AWD in the sedans. The pics I saw on the UK website show the previous generation C63 so haven't seen the specs for the latest generation sedan/wagon (I'm in the US, but the UK site has more Euro-spec cars and is in English).Perhaps other...
The performance of the Macan S and SQ5 seem similar, with the Macan utilizing a twin-turbo V6 and 7-speed transmission and the SQ5 a supercharged V6 and 8-speed auto. MSRP is a little higher on the Audi but I sense there are better deals to be had, and you have to compare them similarly equipped (which I haven't).Given the reliability concerns you cited (no idea what Porsche/Audi are like from experience), I would definitely keep BMW and Volvo in mind. I own a Volvo S60...
No, it's not. The Macan is essentially a rebadged Q5, while the Tiguan was dressed up to be the Q3. If you look at a comparison of the four you'll see that the exterior measurements of the first two are always within an inch of each other, as are the latter two.